More channels gone.

Hopefully the guys at oscom will sort it, I think as the week goes on we'll see more and more channels disappear, someone mentioned in another thread about moving to virmin, however is it only a matter of time before they start to roll out the same? Or do people think they won't be affected?

Its a case of taking what you can whilst you can and it always has been..
IPTV sources are mainly VM so most of us will be on VM now even if VM isnt in your area lol
IPTV will find other methods because they will have to and the prices will rise when they do, I think this will happen as soon as we start losing channels from VM

Last edited:
Thanks Lovejoy76 for info, i thought there was something not working right but now that explains it. Strange how some people on here still have it in there list unless theyre not on latest build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scoob197 Is speaking from experience. In the last 12 years channels and encryption technology have changed a few times. There always has been a work around.
We will a wait for the big boys to sort us out and they will do this.
What about nagar 3?. Every man and his dog had d/boxs 7 year ago, nagra 3 come into play knocked all the boxes out and still hasn't been cracked as far as I know. We all
Lived in hope that it would be cracked but it never was. I think this is the end unfortunately

If you check deep enough you will find that Nagra 3 was cracked years ago but only within private groups.
It was never made public or distributed for public use so the hackers have always had the fix and been left alone.
I think maybe the same will happen after the current changes within SLY encryption.

MY LIST OF CHANNELS NO LONGER WORKING.

CHANNELS DOWN UPTO NOW

Sky atlantic
Sky atlantic+1
Sky living
Comedyxtra
Sky2
Tcm
Sspts2
Sspts4
Sspts5
Eurosports1
Eurosports2
Sspts news
sspts box office
Chelsea tv
Disney xd
Disney xd*1
Disney channel
Disney channel+1
Disney junior
Disney junior+1

This is not a complaint or moan, its just a list of non working channels for other people to view so people can compare with their own setup

I have lost these as well

Mine was alright, unless there rolling things out by area?

Seen this somewhere else,

Had some information today, Skys official 3 party outlets are whats called ASA's, and these have not been allowed to deal with SkyQ installs, but, some of them have been told that they will receive information regarding this 'prior to May 2nd'

May 2nd is a Tuesday, and a Tuesday is normally is when sky do their software updates (early hours of tuesday morning)

Its possible that something could change, and they may be expecting a sudden surge in new installs, that they know they will need additional installation partners to cope with the demand

Had some information today, Skys official 3 party outlets are whats called ASA's, and these have not been allowed to deal with SkyQ installs, but, some of them have been told that they will receive information regarding this 'prior to May 2nd'

May 2nd is a Tuesday, and a Tuesday is normally is when sky do their software updates (early hours of tuesday morning)

Its possible that something could change, and they may be expecting a sudden surge in new installs, that they know they will need additional installation partners to cope with the demand
They'll be shocked when there not as busy as they thought as every one moves to VM lines or IPTV

Hmm, funny that.
My zgemma provider guy has a profile pic on his Whatsapp for the past 2 weeks or so.... "away until May 2nd". I assume he was plagued by people asking about the channels being lost.

I've just got myself an IPTV sub to put me on until I know what's happening, I prefer the convinence of the Zgemma, will wait and see if the VM stuff gets hit going forward, decide if to move to the cable
Rather than sly

Even tho sky atlantic no longer works, its not even in my entertainments list after nightly update. Is that the same with everyone else here

I'm on latest wooshbuild on a h2s and vu+ . Latest wb config installed too

Your auto bouquets maker would have removed the dead channels,,IF they ever come back it will update for you

Sunday night at approximately 8 pm I had 3 iptv servers and my cccam zgemma h52s line server all blanked for about a hour and a half .
Still had 1 international server for iptv working as normal.
Suggests that most suppliers are from 1 source that failed which would explain the overloaded servers at peak times .
Anyone else notice this or is it just me ?

so sky have paid for the rights to broadcast its satellite in britain .
but now they want to restrict the make & type of hardware their software can be transmitted through
as even folks that pay sky for a legit card can't watch on anything but sky's own receiver ??
would that not be like, say for eg spotify (or whoever) trying to make you listen to their broadcasts/streams on only a sony for eg. machine ??
surely this whole thing is against fair competition ( or whatever the actual legal term is)
are they not basically making technomate/vu/edision etc etc obselete ??

You agree to the terms they set when you sign up if that states you have to use the box they provide then that is what you agree to.

Apple only allowed apple devices for its itune music service and if spotify cut a deal with someone so it was restricted to only one type of hardware that is their choice they choose not to because in that market they wouldn't be around very long.

This is nothing to do with compettion all tv providers do this if you are not happy about using there boxes then you do not sign up it is a choice.

Those brands you listed are not going to go bust otherwise how are they around now sky since launching digital service has made you use their own box this is why they purchased amstrad so in future different brand boxes wouldn't be used.

Well i think if sky wasn't so greedy people wouldn't need to find other ways

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Agreed sly are greedy but no matter what they do even reducing the prices people will still want it cheaper and find ways to brake the system, we are all built on greed and will do anything to get something cheaper than it is

I realise that but all i really wanted was nat geo wild being my main channel and pretty much most of the free channels anyway . Im not into the sports though my sister might ask me to put it on. So i would have to buy a big bulk package to simply get Nat Geo wild ..

All the movies are repeat after repeat . Each time i go through the epg im feeling da za vu . Same program over and over. If sky wants to put its money in ensuring they receive more subscriptions they should make more effort for the viewers . At the end of the day this whole new sky q box wasn't about the customers . We all know that. And sky customers are paying more to have it

I realise that but all i really wanted was nat geo wild being my main channel and pretty much most of the free channels anyway . Im not into the sports though my sister might ask me to put it on. So i would have to buy a big bulk package to simply get Nat Geo wild ..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
Hi, you can get NG Wild HD, (for now anyway) on both 19E & 13E with a Euro sub.

4.jpg View attachment 22611 View attachment 22611

Last edited:
Back