Most Entertainment channels not working

Any ideas guys what could be causing this? Nearly all my entertainment channels aren't working (black screen). Movies and sports are fine. Done the usual deleted abm, updated provider files, rescanned but still the same. Provider says nothing showing in terms of issues on his side. Started off just local channels BBC, stv etc starting to really grind my gears.

Could always request a trial see if trial one is same as may help see if provider end or your end mate I know there has been posts before hand about stv not clearing

It's most channels now though. The only channels I don't have any issues with are the movies, ss and bt. I find it weird that they work perfect yet about 90% of all the other channels don't clear. I've requested a trial to see how it goes.

It's most channels now though. The only channels I don't have any issues with are the movies, ss and bt. I find it weird that they work perfect yet about 90% of all the other channels don't clear. I've requested a trial to see how it goes.

All working fine here inc BBC HD and ITV HD, Ch4 HD etc (y)

check the virgin media service status page, do NOT log in just enter your post code and check if there are any local issues with TV

Done that Grog says everything is fine. A couple of channels seem to be clearing but still constant freezing and like I said before movies and sports are always perfect.

Are you still getting SS and BT?
None of those are working for me at all.

Are you still getting SS and BT?
None of those are working for me at all.
Update provider files in ABM menu, then scan
You should be getting SS News, Mix, Football and Racing
And BT Sports 1, 2 and 3
Although BTS1 isn't always in it's place in the epg, it can still be viewed by going to that channel, press down arrow, click red and open one of the other chanels of the same name

It's not just BBC 1, 2 & STV (channel 4 & 5 sd versions are fine) that aren't clearing. It's nearly every channel except movies and sports. Is there some way that those channels are different, as in seen people saying some channels are on a cache server? I'll be honest that's double Dutch to me but just looking for some sort of reason why it's happening. Supplier says everything is fine his end and I've got no reason not to believe him, seems to be completely legit and someone who's been here for a long time.

the channels are coming direct via virgin, it's just the codes coming from the server, if you turn to one of the not working chaannels, ie bbc 1 HD and then press the ok button twice, do you see a SNR figure? if so what is it?

if it was there you would have seen it

turn to bbc1 hd, then press the menu button and select setup -> Reception -> signal finder (assuming you're using openATV image)

You should see figures for SNR, AGC and BER, what are they?

now exit back to tv and turn to one of the SD channels that is working and repeat the above, are the figures similar

Update provider files in ABM menu, then scan
You should be getting SS News, Mix, Football and Racing
And BT Sports 1, 2 and 3
Although BTS1 isn't always in it's place in the epg, it can still be viewed by going to that channel, press down arrow, click red and open one of the other chanels of the same name
Well that's weird, I just checked and they're all working, lol

I didn't need to rescan or anything, they just started working

hi kev did u get anywhere with it? im from just outside glasgow and having the same issues maybe a problem in glasgow/uddingston area if your from anywhere near there

he is currently reflashing his box as he was using ATV 6.2 which could be the issue if abm on 6.2 is not up to date

Eventually sorted out putting whooshbuild back onto the box. Will let you know how the channels are looking when im done mate.

Back