Most Expensive Flops In Premier League History

36red

Let's face it, while we have seen some great players strut their stuff in the premer league we have also seen some garbage too. Here's a couple to get the ball rolling and I will start off with some of the many dead legs United have bought.
Juan Sebastian Veron: Lazio to Manchester United, £28.1 m (2001)
images

Angel di Maria: Real Madrid to Manchester United, £59.7m (2014)
images

Christian Benteke: Aston Villa to Liverpool, £32.5m (2015)
images

Fernando Torres: Liverpool to Chelsea, £50m (2011)

images

Andy Carroll: Newcastle United to Liverpool, £35m (2011)
images

Andriy Shevchenko: AC Milan to Chelsea, £30.8m (2005)
images

Robinho: Real Madrid to Manchester City, £32.5m (2008)

images

Robbie Keane: Tottenham Hotspur to Liverpool, £20m (2008)
images

Roberto Soldado: Valencia to Tottenham Hotspur, £26m (2013)

images

Adrian Mutu: Parma to Chelsea, £15.8m(2003)
images

Kepa Arrizabalaga to Chelsea £71 million

NINTCHDBPICT000594160464.jpg

Eliaquim Mangala to Man City £43.5 million

NINTCHDBPICT000378408398.jpg

Alberto Aquilani to Liverpool £18 million

NINTCHDBPICT000004407432.jpg

Danny Drinkwater to Chelsea £34 million

NINTCHDBPICT000489425388.jpg

Just looking for a pic of donny van de beek as he is truly abysmal, shocking, can't believe he was ajax captain, it's totally baffling why he is so crap.
newFile-7.jpg

Last edited:
For Chelsea biggest flops at a guess alvaro morata/benayoun/bosnich/mutu/shevchenko/Wright phillips/kalou/malouda/bosnich/torres/anelka these are personal preferance

This is the second time I've recently seen the OP criticised for starting a thread, it's turned into something of a witch hunt with people following him round finding fault with his posting.

Good thread topic Red - the most baffling of the flops for me was Torres, everyone knew he was on the wane yet Chelsea paid top money for him. Liverpool must have been peeing themselves laughing.

Not been short of opportunities either, 31 Premier League appearances.
Deffinatly but personally think Mr abromovich dosnt like expensive players been dropped think havertz is a flop aswell.
He spat dummy out when lampard dropped kepa

I would give him another season before judging him, I think he is a good player, suprised he hasnt hit the heights, YET. myself.
His all round game performance is outstanding with the work rate he puts in he's just not as good as a drogba who we've never replaced

Slightly off topic how the best signing in recent years without a doubt is Riyad Mahrez and Vardy for Leicester. Mahrez cost 400K! Less than half a million and then sold for 60 Million. And Vardy cost 1 Million. When they won the league between them they banged in 35 Goals at 1.5 Million Between them. Absolutely mental.

Mahrez alone that season scored 16 and assisted 11. Solely responsible for 27 goals at 400K. Nothing compares in my opinion in recent years.

Back to the flops. Maguire and Pogba cost nearly 200 Million between them. 2/10ths of a billion. Garbage both of them.

Best signing in recent years without a doubt is Riyad Mahrez and Vardy for Leicester. Mahrez cost 400K! Less than half a million and then sold for 60 Million. And Vardy cost 1 Million. When they won the league between them they banged in 35 Goals at 1.5 Million Between them. Absolutely mental.

Mahrez alone that season scored 16 and assisted 11. Solely responsible for 27 goals at 400K. Nothing compares in my opinion in recent years.
Yeah mahrez was a little gem signing, bet the scout loved that one

Best signing in recent years without a doubt is Riyad Mahrez and Vardy for Leicester. Mahrez cost 400K! Less than half a million and then sold for 60 Million. And Vardy cost 1 Million. When they won the league between them they banged in 35 Goals at 1.5 Million Between them. Absolutely mental.

Absaloutly it's amazing how much you can make a profit from

Slightly off topic how the best signing in recent years without a doubt is Riyad Mahrez and Vardy for Leicester. Mahrez cost 400K! Less than half a million and then sold for 60 Million. And Vardy cost 1 Million. When they won the league between them they banged in 35 Goals at 1.5 Million Between them. Absolutely mental.

Back to the flops. Maguire and Pogba cost nearly 200 Million between them. 2/10ths of a billion. Garbage both of them.
Missed out Ongolo Kante!! Forget how much but less than 5mil

Back