Mother Posts Photo Of Baby With Bong Pipe

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
A mother is being investigated after she posted a photo on the internet of her 11-month-old son apparently smoking a cannabis bong pipe.

225.jpg

Mother defended her actions after posting this photo on the web

The image has been widely circulated on the web and came to light after a shocked viewer sent it to a Florida-based news channel.

It shows a baby in a nappy putting the green glass smoking instrument to his mouth as if he were inhaling it.

His 19-year-old mother, from Keystone Heights, Florida, defended her actions, claiming there were no drugs or tobacco in the bowl and her child was not breathing in smoke.

But child protection officers from the Florida Department of Children and Families have launched an inquiry into her actions.

"We are alarmed that any parent would take pictures of their child next to what is obviously drug paraphernalia," said spokesman John Harrell.

He said the unnamed woman could face serious charges if drugs were used by or found near the baby.

The mother talked to Channel 4 via the social networking site Facebook, and insisted the pictures were a joke.

She said: "If u look at the picture u can see that there is no bowl in the TABACCO (sic) pipe.

"And i took a pic to show one (expletive) person and it was a mistake. I would never ever ever let him get high."

She said that as part of the investigation, she was being ordered to have a drugs test and her son was being checked by doctors.

She added: "Do you realize how serious this is? i can go to jail and he can be taken away from me. WHY would you do something so (expletive) stupid?

"i know what i did was stupid but i would NEVER put by baby in harm. im (sic) so nice to everyone idk (I don't know) why you would do this to me."

sorry but why would you take a photo of your child with something like that - even as a joke and then add it to the internet. If she is taking drugs and has a child then sorry she deserves for that child to be taken away - for the childs sake.
Ive NEVER done drugs of any sort ( other than prescribed by the GP) and am totally ANTI drugs!!!
Not releveent if drugs were in it or not it sohudl have bene put out of the childs way NOT given to him as a toy to play with. There may have been no drugs/tabacco in it BUT surely there is still residue that the child could have breathed in - like a dirty smelly ashtray - just as bad!!!

Back