Motorised Dish Alignment

p4blit0

Greetings TK forum,

I am hoping some of you kind souls out there can give me a few pointers here.

I have had my motorised dish set up for around 8 years now with no real issues(nothing that I couldn’t fix with a laptop, internet forum searches and a lot of patience).
Recently though I am only getting a signal from 28.2 and a much weaker than usual 19.2, nothing from Hotbird 13.0E, Thor 0.8W which I received previously no problem. So I think I have a slight misalignment on the dish.

Can anyone recommend a reliable motorised dish engineer around the Manchester area?
Or have any of you guys tried to realign a dish without professional help? Any feedback on difficulty level is appreciated.

If the dish was on the ground I would get the right tools and give it a go myself. I have researched installation set up guides but I am more put off by the ladder than anything else.

Just to add there are no obstructions in the way of the dish, no new buildings, trees etc and I have had the same dreambox 800HD for around 8 years too.

Cheers

M30 post code area, actually comes under Salford.
I don't know exact height. Fairly old house, built around 1940. Two storey and the dish is roughly at same height as the chimney stack.

M30 post code area, actually comes under Salford.
I don't know exact height. Fairly old house, built around 1940. Two storey and the dish is roughly at same height as the chimney stack.

You're only down the road from me,
But, a 40s house will be quite high and there is no way my ladders would reach chimney stack height, they atr only for gutter height on a normal 2 story.

Get a good spirit level and a compass (mobile app will do). First make sure the poles absolute plumb as can be. If don't have the mounting pole plumb the rest will be a mare. Then set the motor and tighten that up and plumb that up to the pole facing south (use a mobile compass app).
I had no experience of motor installation till I moved house twice and been charged £100-£120 a time , so the next time I thought, what the hell I will do it myself.
I found this guide helpful:-
and

i had the same problem with mine.

i use USALS to track the arc.

simply altered the USALS values until i got a peak signal :grin:

The arc can be a problem, I ended up with a tv in the bedroom window then I used dreamdroid to control the dish. It took some faffing to get the correct arc but now it runs a dream, shame there's no were near as much stuff to watch

Back