Motorised dish second box tuner settings

Hi Friends,

My understanding is that a second box cannot control the motorised dish (Is this correct?)

I recently bought Zgemma H9S 4K box and installed on my bedroon. I am not sure what tuner settings I should use on this box.

Currently, the main box is using USALS to move to different sats when needed.

Should I use USALS in second box or just simple option and single sat set-up on the second box?

For example the motor is now parked at 13.0 so I have setup hotbird on second box but if I move the dish to 19.2 then I have to change the tuner set-up manually on second box.

I shall be using one box at a time. Please recommand the best settings in this scenario.

Cheers

Trouble is you can only view that sat the other box is seeing.Say your box is pointing to 28.2 second box will view that sat,move to another sat 19.2,then you have to setup for the other sat.
On my 7hs i use a plugin called Vhannibal auto setting 1.4 which i can setup for my sats and makes it handy as i get lists auto updated and if dish is pointing to 13.0 i just use those channels.

Last edited:
Trouble is you can only view that sat the other box is seeing.Say your box is pointing to 28.2 second box will view that sat,move to another sat 19.2,then you have to setup for the other sat.

Thanks, I am happy to view the same sat but having to change the tuner set-up everytime is annoying. Should I just download a channel list of all sats and select the channel of the relevant sat without having to change the tuner set-up?

I just read one of your old thread where you asked the similar question and you mentioned that you are using client mode to watch channel from other box.

How do you set-up that on open PLI image?

Cheers

Not sure as i use openvix but maybe its the same,go into tuners as i have a setting called Fallback configuration-enter-enable fallback remote receiver -YES.
Fallback address type IP
Fallback receiver IP address - enter ip of box on main feed -MASTER BOX
Fallback receiver streaming port Mine is 08001.

I still use vhannibal auto setting for my bouquets on my h7s.

Hi Friends,

My understanding is that a second box cannot control the motorised dish (Is this correct?)

I recently bought Zgemma H9S 4K box and installed on my bedroon. I am not sure what tuner settings I should use on this box.

Currently, the main box is using USALS to move to different sats when needed.

Should I use USALS in second box or just simple option and single sat set-up on the second box?

For example the motor is now parked at 13.0 so I have setup hotbird on second box but if I move the dish to 19.2 then I have to change the tuner set-up manually on second box.

I shall be using one box at a time. Please recommand the best settings in this scenario.

Cheers
You can use 2 Sat receivers on a motorised system with just the one cable, (you don't say how you connected the second box).
You will need a priorty switch, this lets you control the dish from either box at any one time, you connect the main box to "out master", this ensures that no one can control the dish from the second box at the same time, use the second box only when the main box is switched off, (connect the second box to the "out slave").
Use the same settings on both receivers.

great. found the Fall back settings option in Open PLI and it worked and sorted my main issue. I have access to my fixed Sky dish as well.

Does the second receiver actually connect to the dish or just stream over the local network like an iptv stream?

You can use 2 Sat receivers on a motorised system with just the one cable, (you don't say how you connected the second box).
You will need a priorty switch, this lets you control the dish from either box at any one time, you connect the main box to "out master", this ensures that no one can control the dish from the second box at the same time, use the second box only when the main box is switched off, (connect the second box to the "out slave").
Use the same settings on both receivers.

Thanks Mike142, sorry should have provided more information.

I have dual lnb on the mortised dish so the second box is directly connected with the second feed. The main box is controlling the motor. I dont have any switch installed so ideally trying to find the way to utilise the second box effectively without changing the tuner settings manually.

Thanks Mike142, sorry should have provided more information.

I have dual lnb on the mortised dish so the second box is directly connected with the second feed. The main box is controlling the motor. I dont have any switch installed so ideally trying to find the way to utilise the second box effectively without changing the tuner settings manually.
If you only use one box at a time then why not use 1 cable with a priority switch, you could use second cable on the dual LNB for a third box.

Just set your second receiver to USALS as well. The way it is currently connected it won’t move the dish but will still give you access to whichever sat you are pointing at without having to keep changing tuner configurations.

Just set your second receiver to USALS as well. The way it is currently connected it won’t move the dish but will still give you access to whichever sat you are pointing at without having to keep changing tuner configurations.

Excellent. That will be perfect . I thought having two boxes with USALS may confuse the motor and break something so i changed to single sat option.

Hi All, just an update. All working good via fall back receiver option and I can actually drive the motor from my second box when select a different satellite which is very handy.

Only issue is if someone is watching channels on 28.2 (my fixed dish) then my second receiver will drive the motor to 28.2 rather than picking the chanel from the fixed dish. I think it is due to tuner B (fixed dish) is not available.

I have only two tuners on my duo2. Should I get a USB tuner and connect my second cable from 28.2 (I already have dual lnb and cable is currently spare)

If this work , any recommendations for a cheap USB tuner for DUO2 or I have cable tuner which is not in use. I can take that out and add another tuner in that slot. So three fixed sat tuner in one box ? Looking for the cheapest option.

Please note, I don't want to add or run any new cable in my new extension where the second box is situated as I have done cable less setup and don't want to rip off the plaster wall to run new cables.

Cheers

I dont think its a good idea for moving your box on a second box as why i said i dont use usals elsewhere.
I dont have to move anything as my plugin gives me my channels.
You might be limited in how many tuners you can use if you dont have enough cable feeds.
I try to think ahead and have quad on motorised , octo on 28.2 fixed and 2 quads on 13 and 19.2

If you have a spare cable and can get another tuner to slot in might be better.Some tuners are dual and could still use cable tuner if it can switch to freeview but might need aerial on roof needing a cable feed.

Back