Motorised Dish Setup Problem

casus

110cm dish setup with new motor.

Using USALS.

Getting strong signal on 0.8W / 7E / 9E

Not getting anything past 9E.

Westward, can't get 4W but seem to be able to get 5w (but had to switch to DIseq 1.2 to nudge the disc into position.

Can't get anything further west.

Any ideas guys?

Reading through your post Its possible
Your elevation on the satellite dish has moved
When you drive the satellite dish to 42 east
Then 30 west you should be recieving good
S.n.r on these two transponders

Thanks linesman66

The elevation is perfect on the three sats though, if it was off, wouldn't it be off on those as well?

Not necessarily Those transponders are at the
Top of the ark. that you are recieving.signal
Has there been bad weather conditions of late

I've only just installed it this week.

I set up on 0.8W

Surely if I change the sat elevation, I would lose the three sats I do get though no!

disharc2.jpg

whats the Declination on you setup?

Yep, set up using dishpointer but siilver I think you've got it re the declination angle. Will have a play tomorrow after the MotoGP and report back.

Most important did you set up to true south
First As graham 67 has mentioned dish pointer.com motorisied settings for true south
Then use the built in settings in your reciever
To drive the dish to 0.8west

List of reference satellites for Europe

LocationReference Satellite
London and South East England0.8°W  Thor or 0.8°W  Intelsat 10-02West Country and Wales5.0°W  Eutelsat 5 West ALiverpool and North West5.0°W  Eutelsat 5 West A or 0.8°W  Thor or 0.8°W  Intelsat 10-02Midlands and North West England0.8°W  Thor or 0.8°W  Intelsat 10-02Scotland5.0°W  Eutelsat 5 West A or 0.8°W  Thor or 0.8°W  Intelsat 10-02Outer Hebrides5.0°W  Eutelsat 5 West A or 8.0°W  Eutelsat 8 WestSouth West Ireland12.5°W  Eutelsat 12 West BCentral Ireland8.0°W  Eutelsat 8 West Belfast and Dublin
5.0°W  Eutelsat 5 West ALe Harve North West France0.8°W  Thor 6 or 0.8°W  Intelsat 10-02Paris & Central France4.8°E  Astra 4A or 0.8°W  Thor West France5.0°W  Eutelsat 5 West ALyon, Marseilles and East France7.0°E  Eutelsat 7Belgium and Netherlands4.8°E  Astra 4A or 7.0°E  Eutelsat 7BSouth East Italy
13.0°E  Hot Bird 13

With all motorisied Systems there is A correction error of 1% He might have to make
Adjustments with the elevation bolts at the motor

Just been out in the garden and reckon it is defo a deinclination problem. Will have a play with it later and report back.

Appreciate all the advice.

Okay, so double checked and everything looks good on angles on motor and dish but still no joy.

Am I missing something obvious?IMG_0001.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 28
I'm honestly completely stumped now. There are no other bits on the dish I can alter.

Is there anyone on here who can recommend an installer for Leicestershire?

Hi mate, have you put a spirit level on your pole when you turn the dish. The weight of the motor rolling left or right plus a 110cm dish might be flexing the pole?

Back