Motorised Dish

Spyke

Thinking of changing to a motorised dish, is it just a case of buying the motor and clagging it into my existing system or is a whole new set up required?
How is the motor powered, more cables to run?

Do you have a small s*y minidish? if so, not really much point putting a motor on that - if you want range, you need an 80cm+ dish... if you search on eGay for item # 221690730559 then this is the set-up you need. What receiver do you have? ... I had issues setting up my zgemma for so many satellites so opted for a different box for use solely with the motorised dish which was around £40. No additional power is required - the motor gets the power from the receiver through the cable that's already in place.

Current set up is a Zone 2 Sly dish with a zgemma H2s based in Sth West France .. I'll have a gander at Fleabay .. Thanks

No results on that item number!

Current set up is a Zone 2 Sly dish with a zgemma H2s based in Sth West France .. I'll have a gander at Fleabay .. Thanks

No results on that item number!

Go to the site and do a search just for the number no spaces at either end. I get a "motorized system 80 cm" come up when searching.

Thanks for the replies guys,will try win a few quid on the horses and by a dish ect.The one listed above on fleabay I guess that's a good one to get,as this motor got metal gears as I seen somewhere to avoid plastic as they tend to break.

Now onto what can be viewed I guess I can pick up a lot of football including 3pm ko and also lot of English channels e.g. Sky movies ect and most of all racinguk attheraces

so is a 80cm dish the one to get of should i get an 100cm dish.

Im in cumbria if that makes any difference

if you value your hair i'd try and get a local sat installer to supply and fit, most of my hair got torn out trying to figure it all out ;)

I have installed and set up many in UK and overseas but some people do find it a daunting task.
Yes if you can get a 1m dish then great for your area and with a 0.1db lnb then you will get superb reception.
Reaper.

i dont suppose it helped that mine was at roof height and working off a ladder.

most people will only fit one once, i suppose if youve done a few it gets a whole lot easier ;-)

used an inverto black lnb which was a shed load better than the supplied one ;-)

I'm also up north (very) have I read correctly that a 1m dish is the largest you can have on your house without planning permission? I take it you can get severs for the relevant satellites?

Back