Motorised Dish

ah toffee you just like messing. Now seriously do want to get this fixed? You have to pay attention, those pics are great and your rig is crooked!! With the pics I can see the errors. I have same motor as you but I fix dish from the other side so can you get a pic of the motor setting from the other side and that should say elevation but it may not. I gave you the answer in the post above with the 3 dots, if you can look out window with dish at 0 it must be a square face on dish, motor must line up with middle of pole ie an imaginary line, you have to seat the motor on the pole flush and the same goes for dish. I dont recognise the dish but I can zoom in an see that is wrong elevation. Also the dish must be further up the motor stump and again flush against motor. EVeRYTHING has to dead exact, I even count the threads on the bolts so they are all the same for dish and motor. I know it sounds daft but I get it right every time. The bracket holdinf pole has to be dead level. The pole has to be 100% perpendicular. What make is the dish and can you show lnb as well. I'll do a few pics of your pics later. My dish is high up and its triax 110cm. Very easy to do elevation. Are you in uk say roughly. I am west near atlantic. on my tod

I’m in cumbria uk,will have to get on the shed roof in the next few days and put it all due south then take photo out of the window

IT looks like the latitude on your motor is
Wrong

That’s what I thought going to change the top bolts on the motor tomorrow as not happy with them and looks like it’s throwing the motor out of line to me.looks like motor needs to be set at 54 which needs a tweak from looking at the Attached picture says evaluation is 30 degrees on dishpointer I have it nearly 40 but I get a signal there.

so will changed them bolts tomorrow and change motor and dish settings and see how I go from there,I will get them done before I put new receiver in

Is this not your motor latitude

Latitude: 54.8909°

Longitude: -2.9438°

Yours looks set at 52 Where the two arrows line up

ok here are a few pics, that dish mount is unusual to me but I would need make to do a proper check and get some photos. Have you the instructions for the dish? To help you here are your pics zoomed in. The arrows show where you need to make adjustments. The elevation on the dish should be around 27 but you have it at 40.

And when you have everything straight use 0.8west to get best possible signal. Dont go to different sats until 0.8west is perfect. Check other side of motor as well.

Attachments

• 12eeb39f-f620-4b7c-a516-6abe0553bfbb.JPG
    12eeb39f-f620-4b7c-a516-6abe0553bfbb.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 5fce691b-0429-44bb-a028-38ae7acb886e.JPG
    5fce691b-0429-44bb-a028-38ae7acb886e.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 8c84bf32-ee3a-4f0d-bb26-9424b7d6c8cd.JPG
    8c84bf32-ee3a-4f0d-bb26-9424b7d6c8cd.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I would start your installation again
Losen and oil all the fixing Bolts Make sure the
Pole is plum.all round
Make sure your motor is set to zero before you start Go to dishpointer.com and get the correct cordinates for your post code

Attachments

• 4066_Bruksa.pdf
    422.9 KB · Views: 11
Ok about to start again but first thing is change a couple of rusty bolts.

Sorry to be a pain here couple of questions do I put my receiver onto Thor now before I take stuff apart.Once I get everything facing due south And set the motor and dish elevation do I use the buttons on the motor to move dish to 0.8?

Then I guess it’s a slight adjustment left or right,now do I move the motor or is it the dish left or right.

does the motor alway stay due south and just the dish that’s moved

I have found the manual for the Alsat motor and you have to read MY instructions carefully. That motor had 2 markings on it, one said latitude and the other said elevation but it was always the elevation scale that you used. So say you put in your latitude at 54 then on a proper scale that would read as 36 elevation. I take it you can stand on roof and see both scales on the motor. Check and take a pic. The other person who I helped recentLY was making the same mistake ie inputting latitude when it should have been elevation. I hope you understand this.

All your questions have been answered on here but can takes time to go back. here are the answers.

1. no defenitely not. 2. no defenitely not, this is where you have to grasp the concept of the arc. so to recap. Before you start drive motor to ZERO with buttons and disconnect cable. THE MOTOR MOVES WITH THE DISH AND THE MOTOR TILTS TO GET THE CORRECT SKEW FOR EACH SATELLITE. ALL WILL BECOME CLEAR.

A. MAKE SURE POLE IS ROCK SOLID AND 100 UPRIGHT.

B. BRACKET DEAD LEVEL, (Have you 2 brackets??)

C. FIT MOTOR TO POLE SO THAT IT IS DEAD FLUSH AND THE BRACKETS HOLDING IT ARE PARALLEL AND DEAD LEVEL. count the threads. If remeber that motot stub has a line down the middle look closely and have that line in middle of pole. NB YOU DONT TIGHTEN ANYTHING FULLY YET AS RIG HAS TO MOVE.

D; FIT DISH TO MOTOR STUB BUT MOVE UP THE STOP WITH A GAP AT BOTTOM, AGAIN SNUG FIT AND DEAD LEVEL. THOSE CLAMPS HAVE A GROOVE IN MIDDLE SO STUB FITS SNUG. YOU CAN TIGHTEN DISH TO STUB IE, NO SLACK

D; THE LNB AT END OF ARM HAS TO BE DEAD STRAIGHT NO SKEW AND IT HAS TO BE TUNED IE THE CORRECT DISTANCE FROM CENTRE OF DISH.

E. WHEN YOU HAVE DONE ALL THAT YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO LOOK FROM ABOVE AND IT SHOULD MIRROR THE 3 DOTS.

F. NOW THE REASON YOU POINT DISH DUE SOUTH IS KEEP THE ADJUSTMENT IN NEXT STEP EASY. SO 12 O'CLOCK IS DUE SOUTH OR A COMPASS.

G; GO TO RECEIVER AND MAKE SURE IT IS ON A CHANNEL FOR 0.8WEST AL JAZEERA. TURN OFF RECEIVER, CONNECT CABLE TO MOTOR. NOW TURN ON RECEIVER AND LISTEN AND YOU MAY HEAR MOTOR MAKE A SMALL TURN. IF YOU HAVE DONE ALL OF THE ABOVE YOU SHOULD GET A PICTURE.

H. IF NO PICTURE GO OUTSIDE AND MOVE THE WHOLE RIG VERY SLOWLY UNTIL YOU GET A PIC, IF NO PIC YOUR RIG IS NOT CORRECT.

Now can you please answer these few question, make of motor, ii think its alsat dark motor, the make of dish as it looks huge and heavy, why have you dish at 40??

I need a pic of the lnb and the other side of the motor, I keep looking at motor and it seems wrong to be but that could be just me.

You have read so much you are now probably in a mess. So think RIG dead staright, motor at ZERO, receiver on have your USALS input correctly, select sat, selcet al jazeera press ok, should get a pic, if no nudge whole rig around by hand, ie this is dish and motor but as you twist motor dish will move. Read all this and if you have the slightest confusion post back. I am doing sod all.

The body of the motor always stays in one place but the arm rolls east or west with the dish attached to that.

Make sure your motor is at 0
USALS works with the built in settings in your
Reciever I f you are changing your reciever
The settings will be different to your

openbox
I WOULD set your motor to 0 Spend your time
Making sure your Brackets pole are 100 percentage square plum Make sure your motor dish are all in line Then rotate the whole
Unit to due south
Use the compass in the dishpointer app.
With your andriod phone put your phone under
The arm of the satellite dish turn the whole Unit to you are south
Then goto tunner configuration within your
Reciever simple positioner add your correct
Longitude Latituide Remember a negative value is west
This a previous post by patch for tunner
Configuration
Zgemma H1 + Alsat Dark Motor with no LNB connected.
Tuner configuration Menu.

Configuration Mode = Simple

Mode = Position

Longitude = 001.362 West (yours will be different)

Latitude = 052.710 North (yours will be different)

Extra Motor Options = NO

(Green to Save and Exit – Should now show as Positioner : USALS

Manual Scan Menu.

Tuner = Tuner A : BCM7346 (internal) (DVB-S2)

Type of scan = User defined transponder

System = DVB-S

Satellite = 19.2E Astra

Frequency = 11836

Inversion = Auto

Symbol rate = 27500

Polaration = Horizatal

( Press Scan and hopefully the Motor will kick in and move to 19.2E – even not having a LNB connected this works for me).

I think the problem lies with the Zgemma internal memory settings matching up with whats programmed into the Motor settings

I took these pictures before I dismantled the dish to start a fresh pics of motor both sides

Attachments

• 9BF43AF0-D6E9-4A4A-B4C4-C30BAEF80194.jpeg
    9BF43AF0-D6E9-4A4A-B4C4-C30BAEF80194.jpeg
    102.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 8FD7CD04-63A7-47F8-AE88-5222BC13F103.jpeg
    8FD7CD04-63A7-47F8-AE88-5222BC13F103.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 7
Just been and bought a compass as trying to use the phone was hopeless south was in different directions each time8F8A4CCC-EE08-4BB4-9415-E79E2B90626E.jpegA6D47D55-0FFB-4059-B1B7-C40C8EB3C09A.jpeg

Toffee you do not need all those gadgets and when you get it fixed you will see why. You don't need to be exactly due south, BUT you , must have the correct usals settings in the receiver. These are the settings you need, DISH elevation 27.6, you have to guess the .6, motor is 54.7 or thereabouts. You have it at 55 I can see the metal marker, just have it a shade below 55. Do you know how to get your exact USALS? I use google maps and I can guide you, use post code and press search, then zoom right until no further right click on the red ballon, go to whats here and at bottom of screen you will have exact usals.

Have you got al jeezeera and god channel in your receiver? A lot of channels on 1 west are encrypted. Dont get hooked up on technicalities this is simple as you will discover. And USALS does not change regardless of box used. I think your dish is 1.15cm as it has stabilisers.

these apps are just gimmicks, if toffee does exactly as above he will get a picture on 0.8w and then if he knows how can use that sat meter to peak the signal BUT if the rig is cockeyed from the start nothing will help. With USALS setting a motorised is a doddle. I still dont know if toffee has 2 brackets or one and that is important. The pole could be resting on the roof and that's a no no. But I am sure he will crack it.

Back