Motorised Dish

Toffee, take it from me you will never get that bracket 100% unless you take it to a forge and using my pic they create the holding groove. I am at a dead end with you now and to explain 1% ( degree) out on earth means you miss a satellite by 65 miles in space. You may get a signal but it will be tiny. With the size of your dish you should get 100% on lots of sats. You have spent £60.00 on a meter, £170 on that new box, which may test you initially, so a few more quid should not put you off. Here is a link to ad for motor £35.00, its in uk so postage will be small. they are open to offers and its brand new. go for it.

I'll look back in a few weeks when you are sorted.(y)

All sorted getting all satellites thank god,have a feeling signal could be better the lnb I have (finally remembered to check) is a mti quad lnb.

would I maybe better with a better lnb put on and redo all the connectors

All sorted getting all satellites thank god,have a feeling signal could be better the lnb I have (finally remembered to check) is a mti quad lnb.

would I maybe better with a better lnb put on and redo all the connectors
Better off with a single feed LNB of good quality. There is a signal finder option in your sat box........if you can see your tv from where your dish is, it is easy to tweak once you are locked in.....best source would be one of the weaker Thor channels.

As anyone used this cheap finder To set up a dish,thinking of investing in one to help with setting dish up.

left the dish for a while as it was doing my head in local lads won’t touch motorised dish setups they say to much hassle I can currently get Thor at 51% snr but that should be stronger eutelsat 9b 71% snr hot bird 10% snr eutelsat 16a 10% snr Astra 10% snr

so been looking at this cheap meter to see if I can get better

KKmoon DVB-S2 V8 Finder Digital Satellite Finder with 3.5 inch LCD Digital Display: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools
I used a 5 quid signal finder to get 0.8 & then tweaked it......& i can see my tv from my dish, so i used the signal meter to further adjust. of course, your pole has to be pefectly plumb & of course, you need to make sure the elevation on your dish is correct for your location, along with long & lat. a minus lat has to be to west but as a positive.

Back