Motorised Dish

good, Toffee you can use any sat with usals to peak dish but 0.8w is best for you. I am further west so I use sat at 8west. the rig is the secret.

these apps are just gimmicks, if toffee does exactly as above he will get a picture on 0.8w and then if he knows how can use that sat meter to peak the signal BUT if the rig is cockeyed from the start nothing will help. With USALS setting a motorised is a doddle. I still dont know if toffee has 2 brackets or one and that is important. The pole could be resting on the roof and that's a no no. But I am sure he will crack it.

gimmicks? Strange that app is recommended
On other satellite forms across Europe

Its probably useful if you are camping or caravaning and anyone doing that will have the dish set up correct but for toffee as you can see rig is wonky so app waste of time, in fact its just another distraction. If we can get him to put in correct parameters, have rig straight, have motor at 0 select 0.8w on al jazeera dish will move and if he has calculated due south correct will get a picture. He now knows dish is pointing at 0.8w but to peak it he has to do quite a bit more, his dish may look as if its at 27.6 but markings are only a guide so you tweak it but NB its not often dish needs tweaking so do motor first, the motor may look as at 54.6 but only a guide, the lnb has to be tuned for focal length ie moved in and out and no skew. He then uses the god channel to peak on vertical. Then once happy tighten everything up bit by bit so all remains square. In a previous post Toffee said dish should be at 30 but he has it at 40!! in fact it should be at 27.6. The fact he got a signal is neither here nor there. And I cant figure where he got the 40 from or the 30.

With dishpointer.com you put in location go to the right and scroll down and eventually you will see calculations for motorised, the nearest to the Alsat is the motek sg2100. This is the llink which may work and it really is that simple. You don't need a compass, an app and if you can move tv near dish not even a meter. If your handy with a smartphone you can stream from signal on tv to phone by dish.

Here is a pic from dishpointer for motor, using cumbria

Attachments

• IMG_7253.PNG
    IMG_7253.PNG
    399.7 KB · Views: 17
Daft question I have a gtmedia v8 finder i noticed you can enter your lat and long and enter usuals or disc do I have enter these into the finder when setting dish or doesn’t it matter

Reason I ask is I had them entered on the v8 set Thor up come in the house put receiver on no signal soon as I changed it to disc I got my sat signal

@toffee on the v8 did you do TP scan on thor if you were locked on to satellite also did you not get picture on v8 meter?

yes received picture on meter and I used the signal bar to get it better,one thing I should have maybe of done is reset the motor,I’m going to reset the meter and start again I think

progress, if you had motor at zero why would you reset? and did you put dish at 27.6 etc. You realise when you have it all sorted you will be an expert and I'll be asking how to use that meter. No pic of your lnb!! And do you know about focal length? I got the manual for your meter but would adam and eve it adobe wont let me open it.

I am glad you are nearly sorted and do post back when you are done, we are all dying to know. By the way can you speak a few languages?

Ok i think i have found the problem here,i think i need a new motor the plate that holds the motor looks bent to me. When i looked at motor sat on the scaffold pole looked like it was bending in at the bottom.Took it to bits and took this photo

Attachments

• DF61768B-1C57-433C-8C1C-E585B315E6E7.jpeg
    DF61768B-1C57-433C-8C1C-E585B315E6E7.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 20
Im also wondering maybe i need to place maybe spacers between the clamps to stop them bending as i tighten the motor up

I did say to you earlier it looked wonky to me but could not put my finger on it. how old is the motor? You wont need spacers with the correct bracket. here are 2 pics of the bracket on an alsat motor, i have 2, note the groove the pole fits against that and this will keep it in situ, your bracket is no good. Its no wonder you are having hassle. But the next big Q is what is the diameter of the pole? mine is 400mm inside measurements. here are the pics of the correct bracket and you are going to be kiccking yourself when get similar. This is about 14 years old and note its dead plumb still. It would cost probably the cost of a new motor to post.

Attachments

• IMG_7262.PNG
    IMG_7262.PNG
    272.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7263.PNG
    IMG_7263.PNG
    353.7 KB · Views: 17
Who ruined the bracket? Its a total mess, can you see the idea of the groove? Any idea how old motor is? You could try World of sat for a bracket? Your pole is perfect? This is where I used to get stuff and he is good. There are 2 types of that motor, I have both the pic I attached is from the cheaper one but bracket is the same. Give him a bell he may have a bracket lying about.

DiSEqC Satellite Motor Systems | Free UK Delivery

On your motor if it has the LEDS then that is the newer version. I never used the leds but got it as it was latest version.

Ok think ive sorted it took it all to bits and ive put a few washers behind at the bottom to straighten it out.Picking up sats but needs fine tuning more only getting 50% snr on thor and was getting about 80.My sat finder run out of battery so banged it on charge.Will feed my fat face then hopfully go and fine tune it and get a better signal

Who ruined the bracket? Its a total mess, can you see the idea of the groove? Any idea how old motor is? You could try World of sat for a bracket? Your pole is perfect? This is where I used to get stuff and he is good. There are 2 types of that motor, I have both the pic I attached is from the cheaper one but bracket is the same. Give him a bell he may have a bracket lying about.

DiSEqC Satellite Motor Systems | Free UK Delivery

On your motor if it has the LEDS then that is the newer version. I never used the leds but got it as it was latest version.

motor only a few years old its got leds on,weve over tighten the bracket i guess as my idea is tighten as much as u can so it doesn't move.

Back