Motorised flat roof mount

lostone

TK Supporter
Hello, I have a 90cm motorised dish set up which works just fine, however, currently messes a bit with a parasol I have in the backyard. The parasol, when opened, it should "touch" the flat roof edge, so as you can see from the attached image, the dish is in the way.

So I am thinking of moving it up on the flat roof you see in the image.

I guess my main question is if you guys think is a good idea to move it to the flat roof and if you have any recommendations for a mount suitable for that.

Done a few searches online but found mostly some "non-penetrating" mounts, and not sure if that is a good idea, considering the winds we have in the NW (although is a "mesh" dish, so in theory it should cope with winds a bit better).

Thank you

Attachments

• PXL_20240407_110204051.jpg
    PXL_20240407_110204051.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 24
Whats under the felting on the flat roof OSB board or similar ?

How far are the outbuilds roofing joist apart because your going to need to be using them to secure the mount one end on each joist if that make sense.

@kegnkiwi yeah, that was one of the other options I was thinking about, to just put it higher. However on the roof itself it would make things easier for me to tinker with the dish when I have to. But definitely an option worth pursuing , thank you.

@Ferret. there are no joists, it looks like the entire roof there is just concrete or similar, under that felt. Not a builder or anything, I just know it took a bit of an effort a few years ago to drill a hole in the ceiling to secure something for some LED strips.

Attachments

• PXL_20240407_140154540.jpg
    PXL_20240407_140154540.jpg
    544.9 KB · Views: 15
@kegnkiwi yeah, that was one of the other options I was thinking about, to just put it higher. However on the roof itself it would make things easier for me to tinker with the dish when I have to. But definitely an option worth pursuing , thank you.

@Ferret. there are no joists, it looks like the entire roof there is just concrete or similar, under that felt. Not a builder or anything, I just know it took a bit of an effort a few years ago to drill a hole in the ceiling to secure something for some LED strips.
You should be fine with a tripod mount on that roof then.

Back