Motorised not locking on sat query

cactikid

VIP Member
Not used my motorised for many months as was using solo2 which did the job grand,copied settings to et8000 but not locking on 13.Works on 19.2 and can move it to 28.2 and good lock.
Checked on phone as i took photos of settings which are correct.
Dish has been up there for 15+ years so thinking its out slightly with all that weather.
Only ever setup for 13,19.2, 23 never used and and 28.2 with vhannibal auto bouquets,not motor.

Why not push the dish as far left/right as possible and see if it corrects itself. You can also fudge the 0 position in usals. You can tell it you further east of west by reducing the number or increasing the number.

I had similar not long back and the LNB arm must have bent a little in the wind as a little adjustment on that and it was spot on again.

Why not push the dish as far left/right as possible and see if it corrects itself. You can also fudge the 0 position in usals. You can tell it you further east of west by reducing the number or increasing the number.

Tried moving east then west no difference.
Would my previous solo2 box not reset or reflashed still have settings in it i wonder to see if that works or my old technomate 1000d hooked up would reset it back up again :unsure: :unsure:

If the motor has moved off 0 on the pole then really either a move of the motor is needed or fake 0 and just put a different usals address. if you drive the motor to 13e then go into positioner and use fine movements to move east or west and see how many moves you need to get a lock.

i havent used my motor in a couple of years.

when i had the same problem i adjusted the usals values a touch to compensate.

lets say my correct values are 50.120 / 2.151 , i changed them to 50.120 / 2.251 , moved the dish to another strong sat and then back to a sat that wouldnt lock.

trial and error moving the 2nd value got me locked onto the weaker sats.

Query when first getting my motor setup i took a photo of settings as can never remember and just checked dishpointer.com and that differs .Is that possible.

Back