MOT's 6 month exemption

Heard they was going to that but there's still service centres open in my area went past 2 today open lol

That's as maybe but DVLA tweeted to someone asking questions yesterday that untaxed vehicles will still get an automatic fine, bearing in mind you can't tax your vehicle without a valid MOT
the way I understand it your mot remains valid for further 6 months, but could be wrong. It is the same with Insurance, if not taxed AND MOT'd then insurance is null and void

Not sure, the whole thing is a mess, if you can't get insurance or tax without MOT, not sure how it's going to work

Just hope and pray old daisy down the road aint riding round in a car thats got dodgy brakes or something that would be picked up on an Mot test :unsure:

Just hope and pray old daisy down the road aint riding round in a car thats got dodgy brakes or something that would be picked up on an Mot test :unsure:
That's the kind of thing I was thinking, mot is a pain but it's used to make sure cars are safe on the road. Although we shouldn't be using cars often apart from going shopping or to work if the car is unsafe how will we know?

Yeah bit of a grey area for me but i can understand the logic behind it in the current crisis but just hope and pray dont tune into news to hear of a fatality caused by a major fault on a vehicle because that would not be nice.

Have seen a local garage to me offering to pick up your car and mot it if your within a certain mile radius to cut out the social interaction and the car will be sanitized upon return (y)(y)

Not sure, the whole thing is a mess, if you can't get insurance or tax without MOT, not sure how it's going to work

Quite simple really - the DVSA will update their MOT database >1st April 2020 + 6months. That way your MOT shows as still being in force and you're then able to tax the vehicle. They have advised the vehicle must still be in a roadworthy condition and mustn't knowingly drive it otherwise. But theres only so many checks you yourself can do like making sure your brakes and tyres have meat on them and that the car/van/bike's handling isn't aversely affected etc...

im sure plenty will still break the rules as they know they will be able to get away with it, how many did you see before this with tail lights out etc

Yeah bit of a grey area for me but i can understand the logic behind it in the current crisis but just hope and pray dont tune into news to hear of a fatality caused by a major fault on a vehicle because that would not be nice.

Have seen a local garage to me offering to pick up your car and mot it if your within a certain mile radius to cut out the social interaction and the car will be sanitized upon return (y)(y)

Sorry sir your vehicle was heavily sanitized but your fag lighter popped out while it took a knock and the heat of the flames have burnt out everything including the car so 100% no virus left alive.

Hmm so much for the Mot extension :X3:
Just had a lexus is220 in my garage with rear noise and very spongy braking system

IMG-20200719-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20200719-WA0001.jpg
Not much left on the rear pads and even the wear indicator lugs have snapped off ffs another near fatal braking car sorted just in time (y)

Mondeo in today for rear pads and discs and drop link,does it really need discs inner part of disc had 1 inch of clean disc and the rest was rust.Oh WOW was it that bad yes as you possibly could not park on a hill without rolling back..

Nct fail on p207 worn discs and pads just on steel.

Back