moving channels not working

ToonSteve

Hi guys, looking for some help, i am trying to remove the redundant ssp4 on 404 and replace with the working ssp, the trouble i am having is the working ssp4 has no channel number so i cant swap it through the swap file on the box.

I was wondering about this. Typically I press the up/down key on remote then red button for all and it'll be the 2nd of the 4 different channels that work. But as Steve says no channel number

im using manual scan on a h2s and im trying to swap through my desktop pc in the correct file. im on openatv

Last edited:
Dsayers is correct you need to add the service reference and Id to the ********** txt file, if you hit menu, information then service whilst on the channel you will find the service reference there, when you look in the autobouquets folder look for the .csv file and open it scroll until you find the sky sports 4 that matches the service reference on screen it will also have a channel number probably 1000 and something right at the beginning once you've found it add it to the ********** file in the same way the other channels are added in the file, you will then need to add the channel number to the custom swap.txt file, so whatever the channel number is for the working ss4 swap it with 404 for example 1024=404 or 404=1024, once done run a scan, I'm not at a computer at the moment so this is off the top of my head!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After having a browse it seems pointless. Am I right in thinking each day the abe2 runs it'll revert back or does the custom swap nullify that?

No once you've added the service reference from the .csv file to the ********** file and added the channel number swap it custom swap.txt it will stay, remember to add the service reference in exactly the same way the other channels in the ********** file have been added. Trust me it does remain and doesn't revert, I've done it with sky sports 5 roi and used the custom swap.txt to swap a lot of channels, my files are probably kept more up to date then Lraizer's lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brilliant!! I'll give this a go tomorrow then! If there isn't already one I'll try doing a full walk through and make myself useful

PS. First and last time I thank a GOONER

ive tried that no1gooner! i trial swapped 406& 404 and it worked perfect and peformed a nit scan then swapped it back. i will try what you said on the earlier replies. i had noticed it didnt have any kind of channel number or service number as the ss4 that is off is showing up as 4404=404

# black screen replacement channels
404:1324:1:151b:7db:11a0000:BSkyB:NDS:Sky Sport 4
406:1325:1:52d:7ea:11a0000:BSkyB:NDS:Sp NewsHQ

Add the above lines to your ********** txt file and run autoBouquets Downloader (press blue button on remote and locate autoBouquets Downloader, press ok)

Do not worry about custom swap

This fix is what I have been using

Back