Multi room

zack

Hi i have never needed one , as i stay in a flat so i am no sure exactly what it means, is it i can use phone i pad another tv in kitchen, or just one of these as a time and not all, i am no exactly sure what it means, cause my mate has asked for me to find out, its new to me so i am not sure.
ta in advance.

Basically a single IPTV sub is one connection if you want to connect any other devices that will be used at the same time thats another connection. Some call it multiroom.

Thanks bud for getting back so if i get a multi one cause i use it on any device at same tme or just one more, my pal wants in his grand daughters bedtoom in living room and kitchen , will it work at same time..or do i need another multi sub..
ta

Multiroom is same house same IP address 2 connections to one sub.
So basically it can be used on a tv downstairs tv upstairs if wanting to use a connection on your phone whilst out and about you would have to speak to your provider about that some allow it some dont.
Also some providers allow maximum 4 connections to one sub at a cost per extra connection

thanks bazz , so if i wanted in 3 dif places i would need to ask provider , like upstairs livingroom kitchen, will that work, i have no idea how works, just try to undersrand it a bit better ,
thanks

thanks bazz , so if i wanted in 3 dif places i would need to ask provider , like upstairs livingroom kitchen, will that work, i have no idea how works, just try to undersrand it a bit better ,
thanks
You would need x3 connections to one sub for that bud to try explain better I have 4 connections to my sub all can be used same time one connection in 3 of my bedrooms and a connection in my lounge so makes it 4 connections all with same username and password

yeah undersanding bit better, he is going to be using stick, so will he need 3 sticks , but same password username, will most providers do 3 connection..
top man

You would need x3 connections if you were going to watch them at the same time!

If you had your IPTV player installed lets say in the living room, kitchen and bedroom you would only need x1 one sub if you were not going to be watching at the same time.

yeah undersanding bit better, he is going to be using stick, so will he need 3 sticks , but same password username, will most providers do 3 connection..
top man
It depends on what he is wanting to do, if he is only going to be watching one at a time he will only need x1 stick and move it from lets say Living Room to Bedroom. If however he wanted to watch lets say a movie in one room and football in another AT THE SAME time then obviously he would need x2 sticks and x2 connections, same username and password. I hope this helps

yeah that is what i need to know top man, his grand daughter can watch something else, lomg as she has f - stick in her tv but he can watch something else on living room same user name etc , but he pays for how many connection he needs..

thanks that is what i needed to know top man..

top man
Yeah most do x3 connections to 1 sub even 2 connections to 1 sub can be used at same time bud

thanks a lot , my pal has sub but wants 3 connections, and he asked if there was way to do it, i think there is but no sure how it works, i pay for sub and he pays me back if that makes sense..lol

thanks for all your help lads, great help
ta

thanks a lot , my pal has sub but wants 3 connections, and he asked if there was way to do it, i think there is but no sure how it works, i pay for sub and he pays me back if that makes sense..lol

thanks for all your help lads, great help
ta
If he already has one sub he just needs a 2 connection multi line for his other two devices.
It's unlikely his existing provider will convert his single line to triple room

If he already has one sub he just needs a 2 connection multi line for his other two devices.
It's unlikely his existing provider will convert his single line to triple room
Some providers can and do extend connections from 1 to 2, 3 or even 4, the downside is in the majority of cases this will not extend your sub only the number of connections that can be made, your run out date will be the same as your original sub on all extended connections.

Some providers can and do extend connections from 1 to 2, 3 or even 4, the downside is in the majority of cases this will not extend your sub only the number of connections that can be made, your run out date will be the same as your original sub on all extended connections.
Every provider can add connections on to existing sub and as you say will just expire when original sub expires it’s not worth it if you have a month left plus depends how much they charge per connection

I am sure he has 10 month left so its still may be worth it 25 extra room , hope i am allowed to say that..oops..
i just wanted to find out more about it ,before i contacted the provider, lot good help on this site for help.
thanks all for your help.

I am sure he has 10 month left so its still may be worth it 25 extra room , hope i am allowed to say that..oops..
i just wanted to find out more about it ,before i contacted the provider, lot good help on this site for help.
thanks all for your help.
Tbh it’s upto your mate as paying the £25 per extra connection isn’t bad at all cause if you work out the price of a multiroom sub for 12 months x2 extra connections then take away the 50 he would be paying for extra 2 connections that’s how much he would save lol

My pal has a caravan in Northumbrie loves down there, and i was out yest for few beers and he bought this wifi you can take aywhere of vodaphone, never even seen one them or heard about it but guy in shop says they are amazing, so long srory short he wants one in there, but i take it i will need new line for that one..he has me running about daft but things he done for me over years..lol
that was good reply bazz cheers

Back