Multi-Sat Channel Help Please

Anst11

Hi all and thanks in advance if anyone can help.....

Trying to hook up a v8s to my 80cm dish pointing at Astra 19.2e. On an old and hard to navigate digibox (Thomson - bought in France with connected TNT sat card installed) we got lots of French and german fta but missing a few German ones we wanted to watch such as rtl and vox. The Thomson box was also quite old and slow so I connected up my old v8s to try and get these few German channels which should be showing up on Astra and have a faster easier box to use also.

When did a full scan for fta channels it gave me loads more German channels which we didn't get before but zero French ones. I did some digging on tinterweb and related the problem to the Thomson box being "hardwired" so to speak for French channels and the TNT package (correct?) With this in mind I then got a few test lines for Astra. 2 of the 4 lines show online and indeed again, after a full scan some French ones began to work (albeit a delay of some 20/30 seconds) and loads more tv channels appeared I haven't seen before. The German ones we were after work but some French channels are scrambled or not showing on epg such as tf1 and f5.

Im making progress but just wondering if anyone knows what I'm doing wrong to get all French and German channels to play ball and just work in harmony!

Incidentally out of interest I did put the tntsat card in the v8s slot and it made no difference unlesss I forgot to acivate it or something?

Anyone got any ideas as to what's going on???

Any help would be much appreciated.

So lets break this down.

You are sure your dish is perfectly aligned to 19.2?
Do you have another other LNB on that dish? Like off-set 9 or 28.2 etc.?

Now, if your dish is OK, then a BLIND scan on a E2 (not sure if same on v8), should scan all available transponders Horiz and Vert frequencies and pull in all channels online at that time.
It is irrelevant if they are FTA, scrambled, etc. only the DATA and OFFLINE will not be imported.

Now, once the scan has finished, you should look in EPG/Last Scanned for channels.

Your old Thompson when you say locked, might only know to scan Transponder 0-4 for example, and some of your channels might have moved to T6 or T7.

I have a 1.1m dish with 3 LNB, 1x 9e, 1x 19.2e, 1x 28.2e - I get over 1300 channels on a blind scan of 19.2e, lots are encrypted.

http :// en.kingofsat.net / pos-19.2E.php (or google 19.2e channel list)

Find your channels Freq and H or V settings, and try MANUAL ADD channel to see if the box can see that setting.

If you find it, great, if not, maybe your dish is not right or you need a better box, like a E2 etc.

Sorry can't help more, hope it helps.

No, you did nothing wrong. I tried the same manip as you did on a Skybox F5S, got hundreds of channels, mostly German ones, inserted a valid CanalSat card, but most French channels, apart from a very few, will remain encrypted with the $ logo.
To view these you need a recent CanalSat purpose built box (I think your Thomson is too old to decode HD channels.) Popular box is the Strong SRT404 which you can buy off the counter in France. The Viaccess card that comes with the decoder is activated when you power on the decoder for the first time, and remains valid for 4 years.

You can pickup a motorized dish for £50 and get a multisatline and you can hook up your F5 box and pick all the sat channels up

Many thanks all for your replies.

Since I posted the original query, I have bought a line for Astra 19.2e and I can now get most of the channels we want.
There is a significant lag delay of 20-30secs/channel when changing channel. Sometimes the $$ comes up and sometimes just blank. Sometimes blank with audio and pic will come in 10/20secs time. It's all a bit hit and miss but on the whole ok.

I wanted to use the v8s as the old Thomson French one did not pick up certain German ones we wanted such as
VOX and RTL, but with the line in place the v8s now does. I dunno it's not perfect but there is progress.

As suggested, I was thinking about motorising the existing 80cm dish and then just using the H2S for all sats. With 28.2 and using wooshbuild it's amazingly impressive to use etc and I fear that if I join up Astra to it there will be no ease of use or good epg guide etc.

If I was to do this, how do I choose which sat to select from and then watch from?

Motorising the dish is another level which with a new baby here and keeping me awake until I hallucinate, I'm not sure I can't be arsed with unless it's totally worth it. If I could have slyq skin for example with Astra like I do for 28.2 I'd do it, not sure it works that fluently. Or am I wrong?

Might even get, again as suggested a newer box from France, luckily my parents in law go often as their French. But then would I get the original problem of the German channels not being present like at the very start?

I wonder and ponder!! I'm really tired, new baby is melting by brain!!!!

I changed your thread name, because I know my title will entice several people with multi sat / Motorised dishes set ups. It is more beneficial if your thread has a title that relates to your problem.

BTW Good luck with the baby

Back