Multistream on 5W

Looks like the Italian multistream channels (and some Fransat channels) on Eutelsat 5W A have migrated to Eutelsat 5W B under the transalpine beam which looks like it has a tighter footprint and needs near on a 1m dish in Southern UK . Is anyone able to check if they can still receive them. Channels I'm interested in are Sky Sport Serie A HD and Sky Sport Uno HD

Looks like the Italian multistream channels (and some Fransat channels) on Eutelsat 5W A have migrated to Eutelsat 5W B under the transalpine beam which looks like it has a tighter footprint and needs near on a 1m dish in Southern UK . Is anyone able to check if they can still receive them. Channels I'm interested in are Sky Sport Serie A HD and Sky Sport Uno HD
On the new sat the lower band TPs have good signals but the higher band ones are weaker, I get around 60 - 63 SQ on the high band TPs (1m dish in NI), anything below 60 & I can't get it. 12543 H 34200 is the only TP I can't get atm. Sky Sport Serie A HD and Sky Sport Uno HD are on the high band & are still okay.
According to the Transalpine Beam I shouldn't be getting anything in NI, so we'll have to wait and see if the signals change over the next few weeks.

Transalpine Beam 5w B.png

Thanks Mike. I’d seen that coverage map and I was concerned I was going to lose them completely here in central Scotland. Hopefully they don’t play around with the signal and leave it as it is. Weather has been rubbish so not had a chance to get out my spare dish to test it yet.

The last time I checked 5w A, all the sky Italia sports channels were working, then I checked yesterday after seeing CraigMcC11s post, all gone, aswell as many others, pity as it was good for SerieA matches.

The last time I checked 5w A, all the sky Italia sports channels were working, then I checked yesterday after seeing CraigMcC11s post, all gone, aswell as many others, pity as it was good for SerieA matches.

Did you re-scan? They’ve just moved onto Eutelsat 5 West B from 5 West A. Supposedly a tighter beam over France and Italy. You might still be able to tune them in on the new frequencies. King of Sat has the new details already.

The Sky Italia Channels are now on 12627 H 35000 as well as 12585, there's no need to rescan as all the TPs remain the same but the signals are a lot lower, Flysat has all the latest TP updates.

Last edited:
9 East is the Italy beam which has a much tighter footprint. Unlikely to pick them up unless you have a huge dish and even then not sure it’s possible in UK.

Back