HD500C Mutant HD 500

garyth

TK Veteran
Guys, anyone got any info on these boxes. Looking to sort a family member out, is the set up easy and which build is best for it to be flashed with?

I picked two 500's up last week when they were on offer and I have been impressed by them so far. I flashed one of them with atv, vix and pli and had a play, decided vix was most suitable. Installed the drivers i needed and put a different skin on each box. One is being used for now as a freeview box with a PS3 tuner, the other is being setup in the bedroom with cable.

If you can find and follow bees setup guide you should have no problems at all

Top man Andy, can I ask which build you are using on the cable box? No too bothered about skins etc, as long as I can run autobouquets that should be fine

cool I see its vix, thanks

Last edited:
The build I put on was openvix 4.2.009, that was the latest update as of yesterday afternoon. They look pretty smart with kiddac's skins installed, would highly recommend them.

Andy, I've tried adding the vm skin to this box with openvix, but I don't have an option to install ipk as per the guide for vix with the skin
menu>setup>vix> at this part I don't see the option to install, then again I'm useless with setting up these thinngs lol

any ideas as to another way of doing it

when you get to that point is there a install local extension option? as long as you have put the skin in the right folder (var/volatile/tmp) you should see it in there.

this is all from memory should i could be wrong but it sounds right

Back