Mxq update

dibs1975

I'm trying to sort my sister's kids mxq box after someone put a build on it and no one likes it. I've wiped the build and got back to standard Jodi. But when trying to add addons it says something can't install from source or something. It also has android 4.2 is there an update to put a newer android on it. Thanks to who replies

I can get it to install from zip then goto add-on repo and click on the add-on eg. Specto but it won't install it. I only want to upgrade the android on the box so I can put newer kodi on it as read the newer versions only work on android 5.0 or above

Have you tried a different source?
What source/build you having issue with and maybe i can test.

if it isnt broke, take it apart then it soon will be.

Only version 17 and above of kodi & will need to be android 5 or above. Version 16 of kodi should work fine on Android 4.

I doubt very much you will find an android version update for the box as most android boxes aren't maintained enough to go from one android version to another, you'd be better off just buying a new box with the latest android version on it.

mxq wont run any other version of android BUT 4.2. your not gonna get any higher of a version supported due to hardware limitations, the mxq is a cheap Chinese clone after all

Have you tried going into settings, apps, kodi and wiping data and cache? This should wipe kodi removing any traces/settings of the old build and restoring kodi to default properties.

You could also try SPMC.

You could try libreelec, its the android box operating system and kodi emalgimated into one system. If your willing to tinker with the box it could save you a few pounds.
Have a read and see what you think. https://libreelec.tv/

Back