My box wont turn over until it warms up each morning??

rekutt

I posted a similar post about this issue last month as i thought it was the remote control but after testing it isnt the remote as ive tested it on a different box and it works fine.

Basically once the box has gone cold then it doesnt turn on using the remote so i have to use the button on the front of the box and it comes straight on then.

Once the box is up and running i have to wait around 25 mins and then the remote works perfectly and all is great. Its a mega pain as i have to wait the 25mins to change the channel every time i turn it on. Once the box is off and it goes cold i have to go through the same process again on start up.

It seems to me the box will have a issue with the solder on the circuit board, im thinking theres a loose connection which once warmed up creates a better connection and then the remote works.
Im also thinking it maybe the Infrared receiver bit on the box but ive no idea where this part lives and i know nothing about doing solder repairs either as i will prob break the box.

Do the boxes have a guarantee as ive only had it 4 months or so?

Can anyone help me or have any alternative theory?

Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately I got it cheap off someone off this forum and he bought them in bulk so don't know if he will be able to send it back now ;(

Back