My contribution and hoping for advice with zgemma star 2s box

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpelite

Hi All,

New to this site. I have a zgemma star 2s box that I am part way through setting up and have hit a wall. So I thought I'd check this site out.

Although I find myself in a bit of a strange situation. From what I can gather, I need to make a worthy "contribution" post to this before I am allowed full access to the site. However, I'm a little bit at a loss as the very reason I am here is because my knowledge is limited in this field - therefore, a worthy contribution could be difficult - but here goes:

What I can say to all people in a similar spot as myself, is don't spend HOURS and DAYS trying to figure out these boxes yourself (as I have). Do yourself a favour and save some time by coming straight to this Tech Kings site and get some advice from people that actually do know what they are doing - unlike folk such as myself! ;)
Also.. stick at it.. persevere... and share your knowledge.

Anyway, to my problem: I accidentally factory reset my Z GEMMA-STAR 2S which had been set up by someone else for me with sky, all the channels, box office etc. But that guy has since disappeared off the face of the earth so I'm kind of stuck. After DAYS of trial and error, here is what I'm currently up to:

- I have bought myself a Kingston DataTraveler 16gb USB stick
- I got an image from zgemma.tv and managed to boot / flash the box with it.
- However, the image looks nothing like sky, and the channels don't seem to work.
- I also have another USB stick (FAT 32) ready for the storage etc but haven't got that far yet.
Note: I have had the box working fine before the factory reset. It is connected to my old sky dish.

Questions
- I must have the wrong image, where can I find an image that works?? Would be nice if it looked like sky, but not essential, so long as I have all the channels and sport etc.
- Is there anything else I need to do once I have a working image? Do I need to configure any settings and if so, can you advise on what settings I need?

Cheers guys, any advice would be GREATLY appreciated as I am close to placing my zgemma box on the floor and repeatedly jumping up and down on it.

:)

Thanks, its working well to a point. I am stuck on the newcamd.list thing. One post says "get hold of your newcamd.list from your provider".

Please can someone tell me:

- What a 'newcamd.list' actually is?
- Where I can find one?
- What do i do with it when i have it?

Cheers guys. Really appreciate the help. Feel like I'm close.

---------- Post Merged at 04:56 PM ----------

Ah... i need to 'acquire' a line.. i get it now ;)

Just an extra thought - you must have had a c-line or n-line originally in order to receive Sly, but you will have lost it when you reflashed the box.

D'oh! 20:20 hindsight, etc etc.

You will receive your new line in an email, so print/write this out twice, keep one copy in a safe place and keep another copy at your mum's/mate's/SO's house.

Yes, I'm paranoid :nerd:

i always say pc/laptop desktop save line and cfg files in your named box folder so its always there and stick date onit so you know when it was done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back