My First Build

Me thinks my little project just got a bit bigger!! I'm probably gonna install windows 7 on this new one. Maybe XP if I find the disks on sale.

I would just go ahead and go with 7 Rtm. I was diehard XP but the more I use Win7 the more I like it. And it can be found for cheap. :grin:

Well, just to let y'all know, my new build has been sidetracked. To make a very long story not so long, I will just get down to the finer points.

Since I snore at night, and my ex had told me I used to stop breathing at times, I went to do a sleep study. I was diagnosed with sleep apnea, and after a couple visits, I was given a CPAP machine to help me breathe at night. So far, it's great....my snoring has been completely eliminated, and I'm getting a much more refreshing nights sleep. Then I was informed that the electronic billing was available on my insurance website. Cost of 2-nights sleep study and a CPAP machine....over $17,000 U.S. Amount my insurance wants to cover.....a tad over $2,000.....leaving me with well over $15,000 to pay. The coverage they have given us has gone from crappy to crappier....while raising our payments 3 fold.

I'm still determined to get this build done.....just may take a bit longer than expected. I may not post as much, or chat as much on here, but I'm still around. Just lettin y'all know whats been going on as of late.

Ray

The rig building is going painfully slow....more due to more bills being paid, and other expenses that weren't foreseeable. I am now down to just needing to get the motherboard, ram, and the operating system. Already a lot less than when I started this project several months ago.

Insurance companies are wa***s!

Hope you can get it done soon rtm. Just imagine what you're gunna feel when it's finally finished (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tell me about it Sessions.....I stopped looking at my insurance statements when the total they want me to pay passed $12,000. I have to pay for my blood work (can't have any more blood taken, as I already owe them over $700 already) and the sleep study....which they told me was in network, but came out to being out of network once the bill came around....I've called the sleep center over 8 times, and the one in charge of billing is "not in at this time" and hasn't called me back. I had to stop going to the docs as right now, is see me, take my weight, temp, blood pressure, and talk with me.....until I pay what is owed for lab work.

That's disgusting rtm..I dunno how they have the balls to charge people that much for so little, especially people that're sick or really need it.
I know it's only small compared to what you're dealing with, but when I was having heart palpitations, I had to pay for my blood tests and cardiowhachacallit scan thing because I didn't have private health cover at the time. Then I got told it was "normal" and "nothing to worry about" :dunno:

Anyway, by the sounds of it you've got so little left to do on your build!
Have you got your OS yet? I agree with ferg, Win7 is much more fun after using XP =]

Not yet, but I have decided to get Windows 7.....the home premium edition. I may have it done by the time christmas rolls around at the rate I'm getting all the parts for it. I'm now down to getting 1 part a month.....too much money to spend on bills than on this build.

Back