My new computer is freezing

I am having issues with my new computer it keeps freezing when im playing game or sometimes when im just using google and i have noticed im using an odd amount of ram when i im just sitting on my desktop with nothing open im using around 2.5/8GB i will leave my specs below if u have any idea on how to fix it

Motherboard: MSI Gaming 970
Processor: AMD FX 8320 8 cores
Graphics: EVGA Gforce GTX 960 ssc
Memory: 8GB of corsair vengeance pro series 1866MHz DDR3
Storage: Western digital 1TB 7200RPM 64MB cache
Power supply: EVGA 500watt bronze power supply

Last edited:
i suppose you've tried the obvious? Have a look in task manager see if anything odd is going on?

Is this your own DIY build? if so, try to re-seat the CPU & Graphic Card/s.

My bet is (if it's all brand new gear) that it's one of the following:
1) As already mentioned.
2) GPU driver.
3) Dodgy RAM or Mobo/Ram Compatibility issues.
4) BIOS setting or Mobo driver.
5) Insufficient power.

Which OS are you using?

It could be, searching for updates / infected by malware / virus / corrupted installation / dodgy download etc.

Download and run Malware Bytes (Free edition)

if added more to my origial post read that for more info

---------- Post Merged at 07:32 PM ----------

Im using malware bytes to scan so far its found nothing

you got your using cracked version of Windows I would definitely look at that as issue number 1 it could have anything on there and a lot of anti virus , even malwarebytes don't pick them up. I would definitely consider biting the bullet and buying an original version of Windows it might not be the problem but it's always risky using cracked programs you just don't know what the crack is opening you up to, just saying

ditto.your using a cracked os and you wonder why you have problems???so many people had a year to download and install win7 and get a free upgrade to windows 10...

Back