My Success with Amiko Mini HD Combo & Firmware v1.4.03

Hello, all!

I have had success in setting up something with minimum costs minus my pre-existing broadband connection.

The equipment:
1 x Amiko Mini HD Combo (£50 usually, but got mine for £30)
1 x USB with Firmware v1.4.03 in the root (couple of quid for USB, I had one lying aorund, the file is only like 4mb) Amiko receivers - software and firmware - AMIKO Mini HD Combo
1 x Virgin Media Superhub router/modem with 100mbit connection (this is not part of the 'minimum costs' thingy lol)
1 x A Amiko compatible mini USB WiFi dongle (£4 off eBay)
1 x Sub from C-linie Shareline Cline für CCcam oder Mgcamd Openbox, Dreambox, Blackbox, Dbox2, Sky, ORF, SF2 (£11.99/month, BUT you get on a VPS - Virtual Private Server with very limited number of people on one server)

My total cost for initial setup is £45.99 and this includes the one-month subscription.

Next month I will be paying a friend £50 for the year on his reliable, fast and cheap server.

Also, due to my high-speed broadband connection I get no pauses or lag or anything annoying like that.

If you do have a slow connection, get yourself a home plug or repeater, so you can have your box closer to the connection (I recommend a home plug).

I am using WiFi dongle myself, but I would highly recommend a wired connection via a home plug or repeater. This is all assuming your router/modem is not close to your box, but if it's close, then that's even better.

I gotta thank Bees for all his support.

If anybody has any questions, please ask! :)

Back