nagra 3 is here

i can`t find jack worth listening to at the mo m8, looked but as you no we have had a good run,long may it continue for all:)

Im still waiting on nagra 2,we have had a good run in this county long may that last :)

I've got my dish up and setanta is showing premiership games so I'm all round happy, bring it on I say lol

Lol, you guys don't even live in Ireland, it has no affect on you whatsoever, except you have to listen to us moaning about it.

At least we have set*nta Ireland on basic cable over here Eva for the football , in case it all goes belly up (phew) :cheesy grin:

I think this is a panic over nothing, nagra 3 may well become a reality down the line, but as eva points out they have just finished delivering new cards to all their subscribers, (empty hell Ireland), so why would they splash the cash again.
as far as I can see this is just an offer for a new HD box for an extra €7.50, it is purely an opt in for their subscribers.
lets not panic just yet.

I was checking what cacti said because as far as i originally understood the cards we got were n3 compatible, so he just confused me slightly that's all. The streams running were n1, which switched to n2 and caused all the problems with the boxes, which the current fixes are out for, and it sounds like n3 will come on line shortly.

The point he is making is that these new boxes are running on n3 stream only, not n2, so they wouldn't be selling them if n3 wasn't coming on line in the very near future.

soz Eva its the HD channels that will be N3 you will need another card for the N3 change over if not a new box,

Well i guess we'll just have to wait and see dee, but most people in the know seem to think it will be rolled out at the start of the football season.

can`t see it, how many people in ireland have a box more than 3 years old, most people care about is it works after a hard slog at work, not every one won`ts to record live tv, say 10% of there customers have said box thats 10% who will have to fork out for a new box. Don`t you think people would be moaning at the extra cost,or boasting about the box they got for free that does this and that, worst case scenario will be a key change. for the time being, wots round the corner who no`s

I was checking what cacti said because as far as i originally understood the cards we got were n3 compatible, so he just confused me slightly that's all. The streams running were n1, which switched to n2 and caused all the problems with the boxes, which the current fixes are out for, and it sounds like n3 will come on line shortly.

The point he is making is that these new boxes are running on n3 stream only, not n2, so they wouldn't be selling them if n3 wasn't coming on line in the very near future.

yes correct eva their current boxes have updated cards n2/3 to allow normal viewing and as i am aware no starview,digivox etc box will allow you to see a hd channel will it? if you have a hd box you will have more chance to see a hd channel,that is why i believe that is why they are adding a second box to anybody that has a digital package and wants to upgrade to hd ,similar to sly+ and their sly+hd.

Whether we like it or not N3 will be here.
The cards sent out to n*l customers in Ireland ARE (as Eva said) N3 compatible.

We`ve known this a while now.

How long it lasts at the moment is anyone`s guess.

Back