Nearly all channels missing

No mate, will have another look after work, it will only scan 15 channels but to be honest I’m out of ideas with it. Thanks for your help thou and if you can think of anything would be appreciated as I’ll try anything.
When you get home, perform a manual scan, make sure your cable tuners are set to virginmedia (all systems) and your netid.
change predefined transponder to 'complete' then scan, this takes half an hour, see if the channels come in, they won't be in any order - this is what ABM does - but it will bring in the channels if everything works ok and you'll see what clears etc with your line / tuners / setup

Just done it and 656 channels come in and as far as I can see they are all clearing.
I already had Virgin Media (all systems) in other scans so it must have been changing predefined transponder to complete that did it.
Was getting worryed for a bit but back normality :) thanks for your time and help.

Just done it and 656 channels come in and as far as I can see they are all clearing.
I already had Virgin Media (all systems) in other scans so it must have been changing predefined transponder to complete that did it.
Was getting worryed for a bit but back normality :) thanks for your time and help.
yes but they are all in one big list?
which netid are you using?
have you checked the frequency and QAM on Virgin TV Highlights channel?
QAM should be 64 or 256, freq should be 6952 or 6887, let us know

Attachments

• dvbc data.jpg
    dvbc data.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 22
yes but they are all in one big list?
which netid are you using?
have you checked the frequency and QAM on Virgin TV Highlights channel?
QAM should be 64 or 256, freq should be 6952 or 6887, let us know
Big list in EPG? No they are all in correct sections, sports movies etc.
I used my local network id 40968 (Preston).
See attachment for rest and does it look correct to you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what's happened here as I thought ABM wouldn't run, not sure how you have your bouquets created
The ABM seemed fine all along and found all channels and bouquets were created. Problem was the channels wouldn’t work when selected (bar a few). Until I tried your suggestion of manual scan and changing predefined transponder to complete it found everything.

FAO the moderator who dealt with report:
Still posts in thread with pictures showing following:

vm.xxxxxxxx.co.uk:11998

Maybe members who quoted/posted can assist by removing details.

@cactikid, if you insist on setting your tuners in this method (frequency steps/bands), you have your tuners set incorrectly. The UK and Ireland uses 6952 and a few areas still have 6887. You have to specify them in the additional SR fields.

Most people use the provider option, which does not have the "Enable QAM 256" option you mention. This method reads the cables.xml file and uses the values that are specified in the file.

Having found all channels on a complete scan I am having to do this every day as at some point it is resorting back the predefined transponder scan of about 15 channels. So I do a complete scan and all chanels return until next day when back to 15 again.
Is there a way to stop it rescanning itself?

Having found all channels on a complete scan I am having to do this every day as at some point it is resorting back the predefined transponder scan of about 15 channels. So I do a complete scan and all chanels return until next day when back to 15 again.
Is there a way to stop it rescanning itself?

You have to get ABM to scan, if you are using outdated ABM you need ver 3.1, update config files then scan.
the box is connected to net and to VM as you can perform manual scans
it can only be a configuration error on the box, would be quicker to flash the box and start from scratch, keep a copy of your line for reinstallation

Cable channels do not change frequencies frequently, there is no need to scan everyday. Services do not disappear on their own either. If they are, something is wrong. If you give more details of what is happening, a solution can be suggested.

When you say scan, are you referring to to the scanning native to Enigma 2 or the scan within a plugin like AutoBouquetsMaker.

The default manual scanning in most most images is predefined transponder.

As a note, the last scanned bouquet is dynamic.

My ABM is up to date as are config files. I can’t really offer more information other than a complete scan finds all channels and pre defined finds 15. But after a day I just get 15 channels as if it’s done a predefined transponder scan on its own. It seems to happen over night.

So I’ve just done my usual morning scan and got all channels back I then the a ABM scan and lost them all again so I’m assuming the scheduled ABM scan at 7:00 is losing my channels. So if I turn the schedule scan off I should be fine but it’s not ideal.

Back