Windows Vista Need a fresh install

ven2112

as the title says, need to format my pc so any help will be invaluable, i didn't get a disc but have the key on my pc,( sorry for asking) do i just d/l ( if so , where from) & burn to disc then install ? no idea at all, help me out please lol

Last edited:
What model PC do you have? Are you sure you need a fresh install (what problems are you encountering?) What O/S are you using?

If you do decide to di a fresh install, you might want to back up all the drivers you have installed, there is a program to do this, I think it is called drivermax (it could be on this site, just use the search function.

its a 64 bit windows 7 i am using , its a advent pc lol, & its running slow as anything , crashing etc, just want a new install but don't have a recovery disc

Capture_13.png

Last edited:
You can legitimately go to Microsoft site and get the version necessary. Go to advents website and see if they have a recovery disc on site..
On some pc there is a hidden partition on the hard drive with a recovery program on, you generally have to press one of the f buttons on startup. Again info at advents website seeing as you haven't given what type of pc you are using.

If you have a windows 7 &8 they are normaly kept on the hard drive as wheelo as said If you look on base of your computer you should see your licence key for your operating system
It is always best to do a back up before you do a reset Just in case something does go wrong
If you can get a copy of this months Computer Active from shops This has all the info you need from cleaning to factory reset for £1.99

If you are having bluescreens of death and your pc is crashing like that, it could be symptomatic of either faulty memory or a failing hard drive. Boot it into safe mode and see if loading time decreases.

Check to see if you have a recovery partition on your system. It's usually f11, f9 or f8 under the selection "repair your computer"

If you can't go through these, you can always download an iso from *ahem* various places... be sure it matches your key. Look for an OEM iso. Most cases this will help.

Back