Need a new Receiver.....

Im after a new HD receiver twin tuner for FreeSat that can PVR and share recorded SD and HD content on home network it would be nice if scheduling could be set via a Internet browser as well and even better if the HD is built in but replaceable/upgradable.

I have a Humax Foxsat HDR improved firmware that would be perfect if it didn't encrypt HD recordings

Im not interested in media consumption from other premises or places just what I record at home via satellite "DVB-S2" ready for 4k would be a bonus as would a terrestrial tuner as well.

Thanks in advance for any advice peeps....

Im after a new HD receiver twin tuner for FreeSat that can PVR and share recorded SD and HD content on home network it would be nice if scheduling could be set via a Internet browser as well and even better if the HD is built in but replaceable/upgradable.

I have a Humax Foxsat HDR improved firmware that would be perfect if it didn't encrypt HD recordings

Im not interested in media consumption from other premises or places just what I record at home via satellite "DVB-S2" ready for 4k would be a bonus as would a terrestrial tuner as well.

Thanks in advance for any advice peeps....

Take a look here http://www.techkings.org/threads/zgemma-h9-2s-h9-2h.144252/

Hi,

Twin sat tuner as above will do the job. However card share on sat will be the same regardless of what box you use.

Virtually no HD, 4K contentent is none existant in the UK, no films, no sport etc, most people who used sat in the past have jumped ship to
IPTV. If I where you I wouldn't expect the sat scene to improve any time soon so I wouldn't invest money going down that route.

Why not check out a box with a single sat tuner for recording but also use an IPTV sub for all the other channels.
You will get back all your sports and films and PPV events, also some servers offer VOD.

Maybe something like a Formuler F4 Turbo Linux Enigma 2 H.265 HEVC HD Satellite DVB-S/S2 Receiver - £74

It's Enigma 2 for sat plus Android for IPTV, this would be more up to date.

I need twin tuner as we regularly record two channels at once, had been considering a Xtrend ET8500 as well or a Sat to IP box like the Telestar DIGIT R1. Freest works for us and that combined with films from iTunes works fine.

If ever you decide to go for Iptv have a look at Xtream Editor as it has 7 day catchup tv on most channels so no need to record anything.

Back