Techkings

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need A Simple Audio Burning Program

homesick

VIP Member
Forum Supporter
Hi guys and gals, I was wondering if anyone could point me to a free, simple to use burning program that will convert my mp3's to play in my cd player in my car. I used to use Windows Media Player, even though I hated it, but now it's giving me fits and it will not let me burn them. Thanks in advance. H~

Last edited by a moderator:

ferguj1

Super Duper Modulator
Staff member
Yes ImgBurn will burn cd's.
Homesick, are you saying that your car player will not play mp3 and you need to convert them before burning? Just want to clarify.

cincyrob

Registered
well i just learned something. i didnt know you could burn CD's with imgburn.

i as well have been converting mp3 with WMP to play in my car cd player

homesick

VIP Member
Forum Supporter
sorry guys and gals, from the states so i was asleep. :) yes that is what i mean and need. and i use img burn but it does not convert the mp3's.

7thsinger

VIP Member
I think that's what Ferg was getting at, are you looking for a proggie that will convert them to WMP before burning?

7thsinger

VIP Member
I think imTOO converter would do what you're asking, but i don't think it burns. I haven't used it in a long time, but i'm pretty sure there's a shareware version that would handle the conversion for you. It keeps the id tags too.

homesick

VIP Member
Forum Supporter
I think imTOO converter would do what you're asking, but i don't think it burns. I haven't used it in a long time, but i'm pretty sure there's a shareware version that would handle the conversion for you. It keeps the id tags too.

ok thanks 7th, anyone here have any other suggestions?

rtm27

VIP Member
I use that program to burn all my music cd's. I especially like the 'gapless track' function. It's great to hear one song lead into another with no stopping.

HiTecK

Founder
Staff member
I presume all links in here are directed to freeware. Any information on how to copy copyrighted files whether music / films or whatever can not be discussed here for the benifit of our existence.

axxxo

VIP Member
i used to just use winmedia player 11, but it made utter crap of about 4 cd's, have no idea what was wrong with it, its in program heaven now so im just using nero but will definately try out some of these!

rtm27

VIP Member
The only trouble I have with CDBurner XP Pro, is that it says it's compatible with vista, but I can't seem to get it to run on my laptop.

I still have my desktop XP (Media Center 2005) and it works flawlessly.

homesick

VIP Member
Forum Supporter
The only trouble I have with CDBurner XP Pro, is that it says it's compatible with vista, but I can't seem to get it to run on my laptop.

I still have my desktop XP (Media Center 2005) and it works flawlessly.

rtm i am burning my first cd with this app now... running vista x64 on my lappy, thanks all who contributed to this thread i will let you know the results!

seem to be stuck finalizing the disc..........

Last edited: