Need help deciding on whether to invest in an openbox?

WazzaRoo

Hi guys i'm new to this forum so don't actually know if i'm allowed to ask this or if this is even the right section. I was thinking of buying a satellite, openbox and buying a sky gift thingy of ebay. Now I can install all of this and set it up myself for around 80 quid. However I am aware this is illegal. I was wondering if it is worth the risk of investing or if I should just stick to IPTV. Also I was wondering if I did invest would I really get a knock at my door down the line and if there would actually be any legal implications. Also on research I have seen a few news reports of people being arrested for distributing these boxes and selling over 1000s but im yet to find one of just a guy who just set one up for himself of his own accord. Final question is that I have seen a few posts about suggesting that the whole CCCam (Card sharing) might be gone this year so is it really worth it? Anyway i'm sorry if i'm not allowed to ask this or this is the wrong section.

Many users have been here for years with no issues. My only advice is don't buy a gift from ebay. There's a section of the forum for it

I think the box is fine, it will meet some people's budget

Last edited by a moderator:
Right, you are allowed to ask, sort of the right section, so I'll leave it here. Use our search function and you will find all your answers are here on TK.
1. I personally wouldn't go for the openbox, I had one, and moved on up, a little research on our site will lead you in the right direction.
2. Don't buy your gift on Ebay, go to the general sat section and find the thread "anyone recommend a good server" and post away.
3. yes they are easy to set up
4. yes it is illegal, but they are after suppliers, not users.
5. IPTV is as illegal as card sharing.
6. God knows when the sharing scene will end, but if you get 6 months out of a £100 (ish) system, then you are quids in, in my estimation. I suggest it will be a lot longer than that before it goes, but, one never knows - same as IPTV.

Right, you are allowed to ask, sort of the right section, so I'll leave it here. Use our search function and you will find all your answers are here on TK.
1. I personally wouldn't go for the openbox, I had one, and moved on up, a little research on our site will lead you in the right direction.
2. Don't buy your gift on Ebay, go to the general sat section and find the thread "anyone recommend a good server" and post away.
3. yes they are easy to set up
4. yes it is illegal, but they are after suppliers, not users.
5. IPTV is as illegal as card sharing.
6. God knows when the sharing scene will end, but if you get 6 months out of a £100 (ish) system, then you are quids in, in my estimation. I suggest it will be a lot longer than that before it goes, but, one never knows - same as IPTV.
Thanks so much mate this really helped me out. This community is great. I'm gonna go and look for around the forum for some box suggestions. Once again you have been such a great help thanks :)

another spanner ,if you have vm broadband hd cable is working so could have sat tuners and cable tuners or more if needed.

blimey wheelo did you delete it lol,no was throwing another question to WazzaRoo,maybe not mentioned if he had vm broadband?

blimey wheelo did you delete it lol,no was throwing another question to WazzaRoo,maybe not mentioned if he had vm broadband?
I'm kinda confused right now :willy nilly: New to this sort of thing. What is VM broadband and how does this have anything to do with my question xD. Thanks for helping though

Back