Techkings

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help extending an internet range

cyprusrom

Registered
Was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers.

I have internet access in point A( a Linksys router with DD-Wrt to increase its Tx power). What I want to do is to have a router in point B, with DD-Wrt(or Tomato) installed- an ASUS router- I want to set it up to receive the internet from point A wirelessly, pass it through a ~20-30 feet cable to router C ( another ASUS with 3rd party firmware ) that I want it to be an AP.

So basically I want to be able to access the internet wirelessly in point A and point B(from router C). I know I could have a repeater in point B and not have the third router, but the speed would be halved(since the router would transmit/receive using same radio). So, I am not sure what I am looking for, a WDS,a bridge...is it even possible? Also, not sure about how all three routers would have to be setup(SSID, MAC, DHCP...). There will be no need for any security at all, which I hope would make it a bit easier.

Anyone can give me some directions? I am hoping to get my 2 ASUS routers tomorrow,right now getting mailed from NewEgg.

Thanx.