Need help installing oscam..

COYBIG!

Tryed a link I was given but still can't understand how to install it also I don't know what I use its definitely not wooshbuild it could be vix but I'm not sure. How do I check aswell?

Tryed a link I was given but still can't understand how to install it also I don't know what I use its definitely not wooshbuild it could be vix but I'm not sure. How do I check aswell?

http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/95494-oscam-atv.html

is the above the link you mentioned, we need some info from you, what are you running, are you running whooshbuild ?, what kind of line/softcam are you currently running,do you have multiple lines, do you need oscam ?, the above link has everythink you need ; exmple readers and further info to get you started

Oscam is different for openatv or openvix so without knowing what system your running help can't really be given
Try menu - information - about and see what it tells you

Ok you can get most info from the oscam ATV thread but I'm really not sure where the oscam.server file lives on openvix or what the newest / best versions on of oscam to install on vix either

Download plugin in softcam for oscam atv 1.2 11214. Activate it ,then with you laptop log in to the ip of your box followed by :83 eg 192.168.1.23:83 this should open the oscam portal on the laptop for you.

Judge just for reference do you know where the oscam.server file lives on openvix
I know on ATV its usr/keys/oscam_ATV but pretty sure its different on vix

It will probably be easier for you to use filezilla yes
You can setup the oscam.server file using the oscam web interface but you will probably find it easier to make the server file and ftp it over

You will need to install the oscam plugin first off
Maybe Willo can suggest what oscam he uses on vix as I just noticed the version judge has said above is the ATV one

Actually if you look in the softcam section of the download plugins on your box and post what oscam plugins it lists I will try n guess the right one lol

The link to my settings is here
I'm getting all confused now there 2 threads on this.

I'm at work so can't check but I downloaded oscam from the plugins. 'oscam latest' rings a bell though and the config files are all in /etc/tuxbox/

Back