Need Help Setting Up Hard Drive to Record

Openboxcy

Hi,

I have a ZGemma H2S box and have just bought a 500GB external hardrive. Can anyone help me set this up to record and to pause, rewind tv etc?

I tried following an online video but as soon as i tried to start the initialisation of the hard drive i got a long error message. I am running the Sky Q skin and Openatv.

I am total newbie to this so a step by step guide would be great. Thank you in advance for your help.

Can you give an idea of what the error message says? Maybe take a photo of the error with your phone & post it. Also what kind of ext hdd is it? Is it USB 2.0 or USB 3.0?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

IMG_3017[1].jpg

Hi, sorry i couldnt rotate the picture but this is the error message i get, also it is a USB 2.0 HDD. Thanks again.

Try following these instructions.

1. Format a USB to NTFS...put USB stick into pc/laptop whatever u want to call it and right click. When list pops up click on format. Select NTFS and format....(yes this will delete everything)

2. Put USB in the front of box. Press menu then setup. Go down to system and press ok. Next select storage devices and select initialisation. your USB will be highlighted and press ok. Initialise (red button)

3. Create swap file. Press menu>Info panel>Plugins>swap manager. Press green to create>select 256 mb> wait until its finished then press activate (red button) then press yellow to autostart. Exit back 2 the start and restart your box.

4. Press menu>info panel>plugins>mount manager>press green and change to: /media/hdd. Press green to save. Then exit back to the start.

5. Press menu>setup>recordings & Timeshift>timeshift settings>timeshift location should read /media/hdd/timeshift/.then exit back to the start.

6. Press menu>setup>crossEPG>configure and select your storage device. Then press exit once (1). Scroll down to Download now and press ok.

---------- Post Merged at 01:30 PM ----------

Works for hdd or usb drives

Hi,

Thank you so much, this now seems to be working. One last question, may be dumb but how do i find what i have recorded?

Thanks

EDIT: JUST SAW THE FILE LIST BUTTON

Last edited:
Try following these instructions.

1. Format a USB to NTFS...put USB stick into pc/laptop whatever u want to call it and right click. When list pops up click on format. Select NTFS and format....(yes this will delete everything)

2. Put USB in the front of box. Press menu then setup. Go down to system and press ok. Next select storage devices and select initialisation. your USB will be highlighted and press ok. Initialise (red button)

3. Create swap file. Press menu>Info panel>Plugins>swap manager. Press green to create>select 256 mb> wait until its finished then press activate (red button) then press yellow to autostart. Exit back 2 the start and restart your box.

4. Press menu>info panel>plugins>mount manager>press green and change to: /media/hdd. Press green to save. Then exit back to the start.

5. Press menu>setup>recordings & Timeshift>timeshift settings>timeshift location should read /media/hdd/timeshift/.then exit back to the start.

6. Press menu>setup>crossEPG>configure and select your storage device. Then press exit once (1). Scroll down to Download now and press ok.

---------- Post Merged at 01:30 PM ----------

Works for hdd or usb drives
Just a quick question...... When following Step 2 - I do not see or have a Storage Devices after selecting System.
I have h2s with OpenATV6.4 and USB is 64GB

TIA

Just a quick question...... When following Step 2 - I do not see or have a Storage Devices after selecting System.
I have h2s with OpenATV6.4 and USB is 64GB

TIA
Try do it via blue button > Mounts > Device Manager if not format the usb stick again to fat 32 on your PC.

If that does not work try another USb stick some sticks just dont work on some boxes.

menu,setup,system,storage devices
initialise
let it initialise
bk to tv
menu,info panel,plugins
swap manager
create
let it create n press 256 mb
n yellow 4 auto start,red to make active
exit into mount manager ,green setup n save on media/hdd ,box will reboot
finally when back on check in menu,setup,epg,location should be media/hdd

Thank you to you bot for your replies.
Did both and completed fine - no issues

BUT when I go Menu, Setup, EPG - I get a list of menu options with Setup at the bottom and when I go into that it lists the location of the EPG data as Internal Flash Memory

AH - Just a heads - in the setup let where EPG data location is top of the list I pressed the Right arrow on remote and this changes to /media/hdd and then press Green button for OK
So everything should be fine ?

Also just to note that I have OpenATV 6.4 installed but would like to install Whooshbuild next - can you point me in the direction for instructions for that and can I do this via Terminal in OpenWebif ?

UPDATE

Successfully installed WooshBuild Infinity to my Zgemma h2s now

Now I only need to find how to install my IPTV sub so that I can have it all working - would that have to be contacting the supplier or can I install the plugin that will allow me to add my details ?

Last edited:
Thank you to you bot for your replies.
Did both and completed fine - no issues

BUT when I go Menu, Setup, EPG - I get a list of menu options with Setup at the bottom and when I go into that it lists the location of the EPG data as Internal Flash Memory

AH - Just a heads - in the setup let where EPG data location is top of the list I pressed the Right arrow on remote and this changes to /media/hdd and then press Green button for OK
So everything should be fine ?
Press side ways and it should change 2 media/hdd

Also just to note that I have OpenATV 6.4 installed but would like to install Whooshbuild next - can you point me in the direction for instructions for that and can I do this via Terminal in OpenWebif ?

UPDATE

Now I only need to find how to install my IPTV sub so that I can have it all working - would that have to be contacting the supplier or can I install the plugin that will allow me to add my details ?
What plugin are you using for iptv ?

UPDATE

If your provider runs a script to install your bouqets no need foe a app if not and you have user pass and url then just use Jedi Maker Extreme its the best of the bunch.

If your provider runs a script to install your bouqets no need foe a app if not and you have user pass and url then just use Jedi Maker Extreme its the best of the bunch.
Many thanks for the suggestion

SO I installed the Jedi plug-in and entered the information

I have all the EPG up to date and the Bouquets were created but when I select a channel I get a blank screen - any ideas ?

I have all the EPG up to date and the Bouquets were created but when I select a channel I get a blank screen - any ideas ?
as simonsuggs79 said if first try a VPN

did you also run epg importer and go to sources select and tick your iptv provider name in that also tick all 6 boxes rytec uk sat/virgin xmltv save then rerun epgimporter and select manual (yellow button ) to import epg.

did you also run epg importer and go to sources select and tick your iptv provider name in that also tick all 6 boxes rytec uk sat/virgin xmltv save then rerun epgimporter and select manual (yellow button ) to import epg.
Epg is imported manually I did and works perfectly but just no picture or sound

Back