need help with getting 30 west channels

chris0147

Hi all,

I need your help with getting 30 west channels.

I've setup my rig on dead straight with 3 dots, the dish elevation is 22.5 degree and the motor is set to 0 when I moved the whole rig to 0.8west. The maximum signals for aljazeera english on 0.8west I can get is 77%. I can get from 45 east to 0.8west with no problem, but I can't get 30 west channels because of the close building next to my house.

According to dishpointer.com, it say it will work if i adjust my dish to 24.4 degree.

UIfubfL.png

Oz8iy5N.jpg

I'm not sure if it is going to work because of the close building next to my house. I can see the clear sky, but I am not sure if it is going to work. It may requirement to adjust my dish to go greater than 24.4 degree to get portuguese channels.

Do you know if it will work or not??

Using a longer stand off bracket installed a little higher may solve your problem but will render yout ladder/steps useless.(y)

Thanks for your help, I've changed the wall mount to L mount which is the right way to use and I have no problem with motorised dish.

Do I have to adjust my dish if it would help or not? if not do I have to get bigger bracket or get t and k bracket??

If your dish is tracking the arc correctly, you have the apparatus setup correctly. Adjusting the dish is going to introduce problems.

@bmitie says on another thread on another forum (edited to leave pertinent details):
He can now get 0.8w to 42e. Obstruction for rest of west.

As your line of sight to 30w is obstructed, you might have better luck with another dish on a pole by your shed.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help, I've changed the wall mount to L mount which is the right way to use and I have no problem with motorised dish.

Do I have to adjust my dish if it would help or not? if not do I have to get bigger bracket or get t and k bracket??
How far west can you currently get signal ? Check the birds on the west side and tell us the last position you could get a signal and a channel to view on. A pic of your dish at that position would be good.

Is the position of your dish at 30 west in your photo ? Does not look to be going by the Sky dish, If not can you take a photo with the motor at 30 west.

There is no point messing around with other brackets if it is clearly blocked, 30 west is also low in the sky so going higher may or may not work depending on how far away from the obstruction your dish has.

How far away is your dish from the gable end of your neighbours house ?

Back