Need Sat Receiver with RF Modulator !!!!

TechDojo

Hi guys,

I'm swapping my SKY HD Box out for Cline box.
The RF-Out is connected to other bedrooms so i'm assuming I require a box also with an RF-Out to replace.
Also my Sky HD has twin tuner for recording. So new one will require twin tuner.

I think Technomate do one but i'm not sure which is best box.
A lot of twin tuners out there but none that I can find with RF-Out on it.

I already have a Openbox V8 Combo with HDMI and RCA (Red Yellow White Cable) and coaxial black.
ComboV8.JPG
image courtesy of mediatec
http://www.mediatec.ie/media/catalog/product/o/p/openbox_v8_combo.jpg

But cant connect RF coaxial cable to RCA as think different signal.

Thank you guys. Hopefully someone be able help :beg:

Would it not be much easier to get two cheap boxes and put a feed to the other room and do it that way..most allow 2 boxes on the same ip.
2 Zgemma S2 x£70 plus your sub only sets you back £180-£190...

sorry should have mentioned the feed is going to all the other 5 bedrooms so would need a lot of boxes :-)

Maybe a cheaper twin tuner (VU+ ?) and connect a scart to RF converter ?
any ideas lads

any ideas lads

The technomate TM-Twin OE is pretty low spec by today's standards anyway if just getting for the RF -Out

Last edited:
If you cant find 1 why not use A box with a scart skt and use Av senders Have a look at this http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/67715-using-senders-box.html
Just seen your new post as you put it up

ok thanks for that but i'm not going the wireless route. My home is already wired so prefer to go this way as let inference in the air.
I understand they work for some but they can be very flaky. especially in larger homes.

The eBay link is good. I think this may be my only option.
I know RF Out is on its way out but a lot of homes still wired for it and not many Linux boxes use it :whacko:

---------- Post Merged at 09:40 PM ----------

Can I use a DVB /C as an RF-Out signal ? think /c is Cable right?

Last edited:
You want to get yourself a Triax tri link kit,that's what I use. It gives an rf2 for any av device. Google it, it's great piece of kit.hope that helps

---------- Post Merged at 11:30 AM ----------

My setup is:
zgemma box in living room
aerial feed in living room
triax tri link beside box
rf2 linked to 8 way amp in roofspace
remote eye at each tv(cabled)

This gives me freeview reception and also ability to watch and control zgemma from any tv,think that is what your looking?

Last edited:
Hi thanks for that.

Do you have the Zgemma 2S DVB-S Twin Tuner or H1 DVB-S /C because the H1 has RF Out (Cable) so no need for modulator ?
zgemmaS2.JPG
2S.jpg

zgemmaH1.JPG

H1.jpg

I need a twin tuner so could I buy the Zgemma S2 and hook up something like this to it

Have a look here scart to rf | eBay £12

I already have Sky Magic Eyes wired up to the existing TV's around the bedroom so I'm wondering what my best option. thanks for reminding me ;)
The Triax Link kit is very expensive so i'm trying to keep my costs down. If it's a matter of having to buy them then I will but if there is a cheaper alternative then please let me know.

Thanks to all for you help.

Last edited:
I have s2 box,recent upgrade from f5s. The extra £20 fir the Triax kit is money well spent,as it does so much more than a standard modulator.such as allow your exsisting eyes to work

Can you please confirm if the Triax kit will work with my existing magic eyes cos if so then i'm sold. I assume I will also need to purchase extra remote controls for the Zgemma S2 ?

Can you send me link to where I can buy Triax at best price.
Also can you please let me know your experience of the Zgemma S2, i'm assuming you can watch one while recording a different channel right?

Is the EPG any good and can it accept Cline nlines ?

thanks bro.

The zgemma star s2 is a good box have 2 myself the EPG is good and yes it accepts lines you can even download a remote control to your mobile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi muppet99, when using the triax kit do you use a scart lead to connect to the zgemma? And is your freeview aerial feed fed direct into the triax or the spare input on the zgemma s2?

Back