need some help please

Titanium1

I live in northern Ireland and when it rains or the wind picks up at all i lose alot of my channels. sky sports 1, bt sport 1,2, setanta,racing uk, comedy central etc.
is this because the lines i get are not as good when used in northern ireland or would a bigger dish completely solve this problem.
any advice on how to help my signal problems will be much appreciated, thanks

If your picture is breaking up on FTA channels not just $ channels it is likely to be a dish problem.

If it's breaking up on $ channels only it's likely to be your line or internet connection.

Are you sure it's down to the weather ?

Are you using WiFi to the box or Ethernet cable from your router ?

i am using ethernet to the box.
i am sure it is the weather. on a good day most channels work perfect. but when the weather gets poor the channels with the weaker signals drop out completely
and some of the stronger signal channels get glitchy/freeze etc.
the main channels for doing this are normally
sly sports 1, bt sport 1,2 setanta 1,2 racing uk box nation, espn,a few movie channels and comedy central etc
i never have any trouble with fta channels as they normally have strong signal
just channels with around 35 to 60 signal strength affected with bad weather which is almost every day in the uk

Last edited:
Could be your dish, bad weather can effect signal strength, it's know as "rain fade".

You could try wiping the dish over with something greasy to see if it improves.

I would go with a bigger dish as you suggested.

you may have to check to see if your dish is set up correctley. i must say with all this wind and rain we have been having i have had no problems.

I find the bigger the dish the worse for me any way when the wind picks up because the dish is bigger it gets caught b he wind I normal sky dish ad get 98% signal on 1.1 dish I get 78% and no bt sports

I live in northern ireland and i have a 1 metre dish with an inverto quab lnb. Everything runs smoothly here. Check outside to see if the coax cable is protected against the rain sometimes rain getting into this can cause problems. What is the signal intensity and signal quality on your box?

the channels that are working well are always around 70%.
the problematic channels are between 35 to 55% signal.
i dont have any channels 80 and 90% signal and i have tried a few test lines

The standard Zone 1 or Zone 2 minidishes will be sufficient for virtually the whole of France. There are two types of minidish - the 45cm zone 1 (typically used throughout the UK) and the larger zone 2 dish, more common in Scotland and Ireland where signal strength is a little weaker.

Taken from another site, so if you have a Zone 1 go to a Zone 2, (Think they are about 60cm elliptical instead of 45cm)

If you have a zone 2 already you will probably need a solid dish 80cm or bigger

with what you posted your signal and quality do seem quite low as dish is off line add bad weather and shifts more or rain fade,how old is setup?

dish is around 3 years old. i was thinking of getting an inverto black ultra. are these compatible with zone 2 dishes and if not what would be a good solid dish to go along with it that would'nt move too much in wind

Hi guys. I have flashed box with open at using sucmnsee idiots guide. The box works perfectly at mine. Everything in order.

When I take it to my mates and plug in I can get it connected to Internet, epg loads as should but no channels at all. Just openatv screenshot on screen . I'm absolutely puzzled as to what it could be?

Re flashed from start. All works at mine.

Take it to my mates and all seems fine just no channels.

Sorry if my explanation ain't to good. Hope it's ok to post on this thread?

Cheers

Back