Needing a VM SuperHub 2 or 3.0

castleb36

Good Morning All

I am needing a Virgin Media SuperHub 2 (VMDG490) or the current 3.0 (White router). If anyone has this unit that still works and has no use for - I am willing to put it to good use.
Bonus, if a 2-way or 3-way Tratec splitter is available too

Question-------How do you expect to connect your hubs? Each router/hub has to be connected via a phone call to VM, who then require you to give your details, hub number and password.
Then they normally say "sorry but we cannot connect you as the hub is already registered elsewhere" but "if you are willing to pay then we can supply you with a new hub"
This can be broken down to mean--we want to rip you off.
Reaper.

I'm sure the router/hub being a Netgear can be reflashed and connected with a live VM feed. Which then can be split for both BB and TV

You used to be able to hack the old virgin routers for free internet also,

sure they stopped that not 100% sure on that tho.

I'm sure the router/hub being a Netgear can be reflashed and connected with a live VM feed. Which then can be split for both BB and TV

Who's a clever boy, yep free internet off any old live feed with the correct old router and a few little tools for reprogramming lol

I've read all about it but I wouldn't chance it personally, you can get the an old router on Ebay for about a fiver.

Haven't seen this subject raise it's head for a while, not a widely discussed topic area for obvious reasons.

You will get no more out of me !! lol

Last edited:
Hey guys---do you wish to attract trouble for yourselves or others or even this site.
You are slowly heading into the no-no realm.
This is an open forum so please take advice ----move somewhere private and discuss your requirements [skype for example]
Bees and myself have tried to warn you off the subject so please gents--end it now.
Reaper.

Back