Neil Lennon: Celtic manager resigns

Joe516

VIP Member
Celtic manager Neil Lennon has resigned with his side 18 points adrift of Rangers in the Scottish Premiership.

Lennon took charge for a second spell in February 2019 when Brendan Rodgers left and led the club to two titles, two Scottish Cups and a League Cup.

However, Celtic are well behind their Glasgow rivals in their bid to win 10-straight titles and slumped to defeat at struggling Ross County on Sunday
Lennon resigns as Celtic manager

It was inevitable imo plus misfiring strikers should've gone a long time ago be interesting to see who's on shortlist to replace him

Pub football up in scotland, neither celtic or rangers would make it into the english premier league, not good enough.
No idea who will get the gig.

Not a good idea to keep John Kennedy in charge until the end of the season, it will just mean the same style of play under Lennon, more points dropped and Rangers will win the league by a record amount of points, they need the new manager in now so he can see what he will need for next season, at least 10 players, probably more need to go, they will sell Eduoarde as he will fetch over 20 million, they need a good goalkeeper badly, a major re building job and it needs to be done quickly , fans will want a major title push next season plus there is the champions league qualifiers that will come in early july .

at least 10 players? wow that's a big overhaul fella. didn't lennon know the team was'nt up to winning number 10 or was he not allowed to buy any players?

Celtic board just wont spend too much money, but what they did spend at the start of the season has been a waste 5m on Barkas, a goalkeeper who looks like he has never been on a football pitch ever, yet to see him make a decent save, 5m on Ajeti, it hasnt worked out for him, but I believe a new manager, a decent one, will possibly get some improvement with him, so still have a bit of hope with him, the loan signings have been bad, at least they can offload them back to their clubs.

Pub football up in scotland, neither celtic or rangers would make it into the english premier league, not good enough.
This is very true these days. The SPL is is lacking more than ever before and that's saying something.

Celtic/Rangers in the 90's early 2000's had some great players though. Gazza, Larson, Laudrup, van bronckhorst, Amoruso, Tore Andre Flo, Viduka, Albertz, Di Canio, Arteta, Ricksen, That's just of the top of my head.

The boom in foreign players coming to the Premier League is what nackered Scottish football. At one time average English teams would bulk out their squads with elite jocks When better, cheaper foreign options from the likes of Bosnia, Lithuania, Iceland etc came along there was nowhere for the Scottish players to go, meaning no income from transfers to bankroll a Larrson or Laudrup, who could probably win the SPL if they played 1 vs 11.

With the money from the premier league and their fan base both would thrive in there. Your just comparing the scottish league to the premiership. Look at swansea they are a small club and did 7 straight seasons and played some super football. Knocking on the door to go back up this season.

Lennon had to go as Teams like Ross County should have been hammered.
Lennon was the cheap option after Brendan left.

So who’s Coming in ???

Roberto Martinez l would make him my number 1 choice for Celtic job.
As his present assistant is Shaun Maloney former Celtic Player & to top things off his wife is Scottish so hence l think Roberto Martinez must be the front runner for the job.
He has excellent knowledge & experience HH Martinez

Lennon had to go as Teams like Ross County should have been hammered.
Lennon was the cheap option after Brendan left.

So who’s Coming in ???

Roberto Martinez l would make him my number 1 choice for Celtic job.
As his present assistant is Shaun Maloney former Celtic Player & to top things off his wife is Scottish so hence l think Roberto Martinez must be the front runner for the job.
He has excellent knowledge & experience HH Martinez
Your getting Stevie Clarke end of season so I'm told

Your getting Stevie Clarke end of season so I'm told
Wont be suprised if they go for Clarke, because they are too stingy to pay big money for a top manager, Clarke is not on great money as Scotland boss, he will still get a bit more at Celtic, although he is Scotland manager, he and his family live in England, when he managed Motherwell, his family would not move to Scotland, so that would need to change.

Roberto Martinez would he leave his role as Belgium head coach i am not so sure.
No chance of that happening Moshi, if he ever steps down from the Belguim job, it will only be for a major club in one of the top leagues in Europe and Celtic dont fall into that category, it pains me to say.

Back