Neil Lennon: Celtic manager resigns

Wont be suprised if they go for Clarke, because they are too stingy to pay big money for a top manager, Clarke is not on great money as Scotland boss, he will still get a bit more at Celtic, although he is Scotland manager, he and his family live in England, when he managed Motherwell, his family would not move to Scotland, so that would need to change.
He's been backed from 33/1 to 6/4 fav and imho that's a lot of money so someone has let the cat out the bag. The other wild card I have heard is Roy Keane but only time will tell!

No chance of that happening Moshi, if he ever steps down from the Belguim job, it will only be for a major club in one of the top leagues in Europe and Celtic dont fall into that category, it pains me to say.
I was going to post the same thing but did not want to get the celtic fans thinking i was calling their club small. He will want a top champions league club for sure. Great manager and took swansea to another level which enabled them to get into the premiership

Next permanent Celtic manager odds​

*Odds according to Betfair
John Kennedy 7/4
Steve Clarke 4/1
Roberto Martinez 4/1
Eddie Howe 5/1
Rafa Benitez 7/1
Frank Lampard 7/1
Enzo Maresca 9/1
Mark Hughes 14/1
Damien Duff 14/1
Roy Keane 16/1
Jack Ross 20/1
Martin O’Neill 20/1
Alex Neil 20/1
Malky MacKay 25/1
Wayne Rooney 25/1
Nathan Jones 25/1

personalli i would go for Rafa Benitez 7/1
good eperienced pro

He's been backed from 33/1 to 6/4 fav and imho that's a lot of money so someone has let the cat out the bag. The other wild card I have heard is Roy Keane but only time will tell!
It makes sense with Celtic saying John Kennedy will stay in charge until the end of the season, but for me thats a mistake, things will only get worse, he is way out of his depth, they need to get the new manager in now to see what shape the club is in and begin the new regime, new recruitment is badly needed and plenty of players need to be shown the door, and champions league qualifiers come up in the same week as the European championships end in the summer, if it is gonna be Steve Clarke, then let him double job until the Euros end for the Scotland national team, that way he will still be able to try and get players in and out.

Next permanent Celtic manager odds​

*Odds according to Betfair
John Kennedy 7/4
Steve Clarke 4/1
Roberto Martinez 4/1
Eddie Howe 5/1
Rafa Benitez 7/1
Frank Lampard 7/1
Enzo Maresca 9/1
Mark Hughes 14/1
Damien Duff 14/1
Roy Keane 16/1
Jack Ross 20/1
Martin O’Neill 20/1
Alex Neil 20/1
Malky MacKay 25/1
Wayne Rooney 25/1
Nathan Jones 25/1

personalli i would go for Rafa Benitez 7/1
good eperienced pro
The problem with Raffa is he needs to be in complete control of the team including recruitment and that wont work. When you ask for McGinn and get Mulumbu there lies the problem, bet victor have Clarke 7/4

Celtic were very lucky to have Brendan Rodgers, but Peter Lawwell mucked that one up, All Rodgers wanted was to buy a few players to see the season out, John McGinn being one of them, but he also wanted the club to lift their wage structure from 25k to 30k a week to attract better players, Lawwell went beserk about this and had a melt down, and thats when it all started to unravel, make no mistake Rodgers wanted to achieve 10 in a row before moving on, I know one of Brendans four brothers very well, he is a Carnlough man but he lives and works in Belfast as a private taxi driver, he was the one who told me this, he does not hold Celtic in high regard, he is a Liverpool fan himself, but he agrees Celtics loss was Leicesters gain, and Rodgers did help in the negotiations between the clubs over his compensation claim that Celtic acquired 9m if I am not mistaken, quite a lot of money for a manager in any league.

Good riddance, awful manager. Thought too highly of himself.

Will be tough to get a quality manager with how the board and club are run currently.

Back