Neil Lennon: New striker in January?

Bennie45

Celtic could look to sign another striker in January to ease their injury burden, says manager Neil Lennon.

Odsonne Edouard is currently the club's only fully fit first-team front man, with Leigh Griffiths and Vakoun Bayo both out with injuries.

Bayo came off the bench in Sunday's 4-0 win at Aberdeen, but is a "major doubt" to face St Mirren on Wednesday.

"Possibly," Lennon said when asked whether they may need attacking reinforcements in January.

Griffiths has not played since August due to a combination of injury and illness, but he is "back on the grass", according to Lennon.

"He's been doing some physical work with the fitness coaches and we're hoping he starts training on Thursday," the manager added.

A few minor tweaks are needed, yes a striker, but its got to be someone decent Bayo is one of the worst footballers I have ever seen at Celtic , and theres been a few over the years, could also still do with another decent centre half.

l don’t think bayo makes The grade poor indeed.
They Are well in a good position to splash the ££££ so hopefully Lennon & bring in another French Eddie

Last edited:
What worries me is that a few big bids are going to be coming in for Edouard, and the money grabber that is Lawwell will cash in if its a good profit and try and bring in another striker at a fraction of whatever they would get for him, much will depend with how well they are doing in Europe too, but at the end of the day Lawwell is more about money in the bank than having a decent side on the park.

They badly need to shore up their defence, i personally think it struggles at times, especially in the euro games

Back