Netflix Aim To Stop Password Sharing

wheelo

Admin
Staff member
TK Supporter
Netflix to crack down on users who share passwords with friends and family courtesy of the Irish mirror.

If you don’t have a Netflix account, you may be tempted to ask to borrow a friend or family member’s password.

But this could soon land you in some serious trouble, as Netflix has revealed plans to crack down on users who password-share.

Speaking at Netflix’s Q3 2019 earnings interview last week, chief product officer Greg Peters said that Netflix hopes to address password sharing without ‘alientaing a certain portion of [its] user base.'

He said: “We continue to monitor it so we’re looking at the situation. We’ll see those consumer-friendly ways to push on the edges of that.”

The news comes shortly after tech firm Synamedia revealed a new AI system designed to crack down on account sharing.

1_Netflix-Illustrations-Ahead-Of-Earnings.jpg

Netflix (Image: Bloomberg) READ MORE

The system uses machine learning to spot shared passwords on streaming services.

And worryingly, these services can choose how to deal with the culprits - whether it’s by making them upgrade to a premium service, or shutting down their account altogether.

Synamedia revealed the new technology at the CES tech conference in January.

That sucks for those who share their account with family/friends to help them out.

For me once again another tactic for them to make more money. Greed never ceases to amaze me and what all these corps would do for money.

Wait. What about if you have the premium service where you can actually have 4 devices running simultaneously ?
Is that not allowed?

Wait. What about if you have the premium service where you can actually have 4 devices running simultaneously ?
Is that not allowed?
i read that i can use 4 uhd screens anywhere i like as im paying for them. well actually im paying less in turkish lira but thats another story

i read that i can use 4 uhd screens anywhere i like as im paying for them. well actually im paying less in turkish lira but thats another story

lol, i seen earlier post about this and was telling a mate to do it as well lol

It's all about the money for this lot.
I think it was the CEO who said that our biggest competitor is sleep.

everything is about money and they are protecting the revenune. (i better stop using mates password lol)

Emby or plex servers
Much better

The content is there, done need to store it or have a computer running to stream it

I used torrents many years ago, then moved too ddl. Now don’t need any of them. I just use a emby server. So I have the same content everywhere
Works out cheaper as had to pay for ddl and I don’t have time for the last percentage on torrents lol

Emby is basically a Plex competitor, you pay someone for access to their Box sets, movies and in some cases music

Last edited:
not really sure how this will work as I use my Netflix all over the country on various devices whilst my family watch at home, surely that would flag up on their system......they can shove it if they start to give me grief :p

ive got 4 4k screens and currently have 4 users me, my wife, and two kids. if they break the terms then i will just use iptv to view their "product" . terms and conditions allow what i currently do.

Back