New 43" sub £500 TV

Rodduz

Looking for a sub £500 TV, 43".

Mother in law doesn't like her 65" Bravia so I said I'd take it off her hands and find her a smaller one?

Any recommendations. Done all the techrader sites etc and not a single TV has come up more than once, which is usually a decent indication they're decent.

Thanks

Should have a massive choice at £500. What doesn't she like about it? screen size to big for her living room or picture quality not what she expected?
Did you tell her to plug the aerial in the back?

Should have a massive choice at £500. What doesn't she like about it? screen size to big for her living room or picture quality not what she expected?
Did you tell her to plug the aerial in the back?
its the size, she thinks it is too big. She wants a 43" instead.

There's too much choice

Yes guessed it would be the size. I was undecided when I bought a new tv a couple of years back having had a 32 inch telly for many many years to go bigger seemed the best option.
Initially got a 40 inch screen but saw a good deal for a 49 inch one so swapped over. It's more than good enough for me just a cheap LG telly but does the job.
Get her one similar size to what she had previously or maybe a little bit bigger and should be fine. (I'm guessing she didn't have a big screen tv before the upgrade)

She had a 50 before, didn't like that either so going to try a 43" she has seen in her neighbours.

I've heard about richer sounds warranty.

What models are recommended though?

Whats the fixation with £500? you can get a good 43 inch telly for less, if you said you'd spend £500 then just her the difference.

Whats the fixation with £500? you can get a good 43 inch telly for less, if you said you'd spend £500 then just her the difference.
No fixation, just a number to work with. But those reviews of cheaper tvs I didn't think were good enough and they're under £400 so I thought perhaps an extra ton migjt get something a bit better.

If there's something good for less I'll take it, but thats what I'm asking?

Has she ever been happy with any tv she has had?
If so try and get the latest size and brand and she should be happy as a lark.

Has she ever been happy with any tv she has had?
If so try and get the latest size and brand and she should be happy as a lark.

Husband usually buys new every year. She just wants smaller because he always kept on buying bigger! She will probably be happy with anything you're right. Just want the best bang for buck.

She just stipulated it needs to have a stand in the centre not one each side

Husband usually buys new every year. She just wants smaller because he always kept on buying bigger! She will probably be happy with anything you're right. Just want the best bang for buck.

Yes she knows what's what stand wise then, these tvs with feet at each end require a big tv stand or a new one, or to be wall mounted.

Where do the old tvs go then? If shes got any going free I will take them.

Asda had some on offer today , think about £330 ...think it was toshiba , but as above go richer sounds for the 6 yr warranty , I got the LG - the stands connected in the middle

Asda had some on offer today , think about £330 ...think it was toshiba , but as above go richer sounds for the 6 yr warranty , I got the LG - the stands connected in the middle
She only keeps the telly for a year so warranty won't matter.

Back