new 4k max disappointing

NUMBER8

Hi. I got a new firestick 4k max and must say that I'm disappointed with it. the chromecast was better for iptv. much smoother changing between channels, less buffer and seemed faster with vpn on.

I'm using surshark and noticed that without vpn my download speed is 330mb/s but with surshark on it goes to 60mb/s. wtf. is this normal?

I picked the fastest which turns out to be closest. surely that would be the best. I'm contemplating either ot using vpn or else buying nord

as an experience overall I would recommend the chromecast over the 4k max for iptv.

the 4km max is slower at changing channels and the main interface is cluttered with crap. I thought the chromecast was bad. only thing I prefer with the 4km is the remote and the easier additional storage.

I suppose for the money it's OK tho. i will prob get something more dedicated to iptv down the road soon enough as I want something very reliable for footie.

with Netherlands my surshark speed is 102mb/s which will work fine.

would I be better off getting a different device in your opinion or perhaps a different vpn service. I am looking to use this exclusively iptv and to get rid of my TV sub

You haven't stated whether your running it on WiFi or via ethanet plus what speeds you get to your router dosnt always mean your devices will get those speeds I would suggest running speed tests on your firestick and also the iptv app your using see if that has built in speed test
on WiFi. the firestick is picking up over 300mb/s without surshark turned on. when switched on it drops to 100m/s max. I just want to have something set up that can last some time

would I be better off getting a different device in your opinion or perhaps a different vpn service. I am looking to use this exclusively iptv and to get rid of my TV sub
Surfshark is one of the best vpn services out there you can always take a trial with some vpn providers.
Ferret has made a valid point tho some will get minimal speed loss others will get a big drop

Why buy a formuler if going to use 3rd party apps that would just be a waste of money.
Unless your provider supports Mac subs and you can use mol2 and get your line converted to mac
this is my issue. I don't even understand what that means lol

this is my issue. I don't even understand what that means lol
Formuler boxes have their own dedicated iptv on them called mytvonline for older formuler and newer models called mytvonline2 you can use via username and password with dns if provider gives out dns if not you would have to use MAC address from mytvonline2 app aka line ID which you would have to give to your provider and ask them to convert your current username and password to Mac/line id

Back