new 4k max disappointing

my provider doesn't currently need a VPN but I do have Surfshark & Nord installed for other Geo blocked apps, with a VPN running while using my providers app the service is totally watchable but not quite as smooth as without a VPN running, switching VPN locations helps a lot so try a few, Both VPN's destroy my net speed but as long as it's above 15mb/20mb it should run fine

my provider doesn't currently need a VPN but I do have Surfshark & Nord installed for other Geo blocked apps, with both VPN is & using my providers app running the service is totally watchable but not quite as smooth as without a VPN running, switching VPN locations helps a lot so try a few, Both VPN's destroy my net speed but as long as it's above 15mb it runs fine
you don't see the need for a vpn for iptv so?

VPN or not is dictated by your provider, some require a VPN others do not, you can still use one to help hide your internet activity from your ISP (a small number of people have received scare letters from ISP's)

Every provider will know how to convert a line ect bud 😆😆
I thought you could use XC login ( universally used by every provider I have had ) with mytv online2 baz ? Is that what you mean by "witth DNS " ?

I came away from using XC years ago, a lot depends on your provider & how they want you to connect to their service, XC has a slightly higher risk factor to other methods of install as you need to enter URL details many providers dont wish to provide

VPN or not is dictated by your provider, some require a VPN others do not, you can still use one to help hide your internet activity from your ISP (a small number of people have received scare letters from ISP's)
if for example u r watching a prem footy game with
my max speed is 40mbps , I watch 3 games at once , one on shield , one on mac mini and one one on imac , all wired btw but stream fine.
with UHD?

I came away from using XC years ago, a lot depends on your provider & how they want you to connect to their service, XC has a slightly higher risk factor to other methods of install as you need to enter URL details many providers dont wish to provide
Am a bit confused , I used to get an m3u url and a url for epg , back in the day. Now I get my providers ( i assume its the DNS Baz is referring to ) , a "http: ending in .xyz" and a username and password. My provider/s will only use this format ( which btw is why I have had to stop using kodi ) , hey say it's the most secure.

if for example u r watching a prem footy game with

with UHD?
I couldn't say , I assume so , occasionally I'll use the AI enhance on the shield and it says successful , but I generally use the high res channels , spark tv , now sports,optus sports.
I don't use VPN.

its a provider side thing, if you are told to run a VPN run it all the time, if your not told you need a VPN it's your personal choice if you want to try & hide your internet activity from your isp, many providers are no longer willing to provide URL's as these can be used to identify servers depending on how your provider has set things up so many providers will provide an app so they only need to give the client a username & password which makes things a little more secure for everyone

Slightly off topic but I see there's a shield pro , for £134.00 on amazon returns site - bargain.

For the best IPTV experience it’s always better to use your internet providers router in modem mode within an aftermarket router like Netgear for example. That’s always a better investment for a smooth streaming experience than upgrading the devices and keeping the standard ISP router

Should be no buffering on a Firestick even when watching 4K content on 30mb or above. The 4K Max is a dream to use so the issue seems to lie with your provider. Most have VPNs built in that can be used if needed but if your provider is good enough there should be no need.

I had alot of issues with my iptv sub. Did many trouble shooting steps to no avail.

Then came to the conclusion the issue was the providers apps for some strange reason. Tried the latest version of smarters Pro and since then working absolutely spot on.

So for me wasn't issue with my WiFi or devices despite using the ISP router.

But do agree if you have the funds then buy a quality third party router or Mesh system which will give you an even more stronger and stable WiFi connection.

Back