New Box Tuner Setup

scouse645

just got a new gigablue uhd quad box with 4 fbc tuners, not a clue how to set these up, i have 3 cables from a sly dish and 1 cable from a motorised dish, anyone any idea?

You only need to set the tuners up normally if you don't have unicable lnb"s.
Set the tuners with cables connected as normal and leave the other leaf tuners as fbc enabled and they will use loop through from the connected tuners.

You only need to set the tuners up normally if you don't have unicable lnb"s.
Set the tuners with cables connected as normal and leave the other leaf tuners as fbc enabled and they will use loop through from the connected tuners.
not a clue what unicable is, i have set tuner A and B up but between C and H it says configured automatically, I and J are not in the list but i have cables in them.

A to H are right then. Do you not see the other tuners then? I assume I should be set up same as A and you then set J up as motorised and leave the leaf tuners as automatic. I'm on holiday at the moment so can't check my own setup. I have unicable and no motorised though. A unicable lnb would allow all tuners to be independent tuners in their own right.

Thanks, i have my motorised in tuner I and the other sly tuner in H but there not in the list, don't know if that's the right way to do it. just noticed your on holiday, you enjoy your holiday i can ask on another forum.

Just make sure the tuners are enabled in tuner setup. If you can't see them at all the tuner may not be seated correctly where it plugs in. I can't see that happening if you bought from WoS though.

Just make sure the tuners are enabled in tuner setup. If you can't see them at all the tuner may not be seated correctly where it plugs in. I can't see that happening if you bought from WoS though.
I can't see tuners I and J in the list and i have them connected, i did buy it from WoS, it came today, they could be faulty i suppose.

You can't have 4 FBC tuners on your receiver. There aren't FBC PnP tuners availalble for the GB 4K receivers. The FBC tuners are the ones soldered on the motherboard. It is like the Solo 4K in this respect.

Have you tried to unplug the tuner and and re-seat it. Remove power to receiver first.

With regards to the tuner setup, it depends on whether you bought S2X or S2 tuner card. The passage below obviously applies when you card is being detected.

If S2X tuner card:
Option S2X-1 Hardware:
Motorised wire to Tuner I
Nothing to Tuner J
Sky 28.2 wire to Tuner A
Sky 28.2 wire to Tuner B
One wire not used.

Option S2X-1 Software:
Tuner A: Simple, single 28.2
Tuner B: Simple, single 28.2
Tuner C-H: Leave as FBC automatic
Tuner I: Simple, positioner, co-ordinates
Tuner J: Loop through to tuner I

Reason for above are:
C-H will be loop-though anyway, so you will get extra 28.2 functionality as these are part of FBC unit
S2X functionality usable on the sats that have this
J will then use internal loopthrough to I, so you get extra functionality

Option S2X-2 Hardware: (I would not use this option)

Sky 28.2 wire to Tuner A
Sky 28.2 wire to Tuner B
Motorised wire to Tuner I (does not matter if you use J)
Sky 28.2 wire to Tuner J (does not matter if you use I)

Option S2X-2 Software:
Tuner B: Simple, single 28.2
Tuner I: Simple, positioner, co-ordinates, (if you have motorised wire in this)
Tuner J: Simple, single 28.2 (if you have 28.2 wire in this)

Reason for option S2X-2 is:
All tuners are independent.

If additional tuner card is not S2X:

Hardware:
Sky 28.2 wire to Tuner A (does not matter if you use B, but alter software section if you do)
Motorised wire to Tuner B (does not matter if you use A, but alter software section if you do)
Sky 28.2 wire to Tuner I
Sky 28.2 wire to Tuner J

Software:
Tuner B: Simple, positioner, co-ordinates
Tuner I: Simple, single 28.2
Tuner J: Simple, single 28.2

Reason for above are:
C-H will be loop-though, so you will get extra functionality as these are part of FBC unit
A, I and J will be independent 28.2 phyiscal tuners

I wasn't sure about the gigablue. I have fbc cable and sat tuners on my vu+ ultimo and duo 4k but couldn't remember the exact setup.

Back