Cable New box upgrade time

My subscription to the phenoix box is due to expire in April and although the box has done me pretty good for the last two years the SD and scrambling of channels have become to much to bare for another two years.

I am now looking to upgrade to a hd box with a paid line which will hopefully be a lot better.

After looking through a couple of threads some people have been saying the h2 /h2h zgemma box aren't that good. Could Simone please recommend the best box for me to buy I am looking to use it on VM.

I'm using a h2h and I'm not having no problems with it.
Thing is when people say they aren't the best, is because they don't set them up properly &/or ram them full of plugins.
you can get HD channels on it.
7 day epg
VM skin
Sly skin
iptv player.

scrambling of channels is either due to your bandwidth or the supplier of the line.

The Zgemma appears to get a bit of a poor rep because of all the posts & how active the zgemma section of the forum is... I personally see the box is very good value & performs very well once set up correctly, the reason for the busy zgemma section is because the box costs less than most resulting in an influx of both "new" members with little to no knowledge & upgrading members from single tuners!
To be fair I know little about the more expensive brands & they may well out perform the zgemma but if money is your number one concern I really dont see any reason not to buy a Zgemma but there are others boxes at the cheaper end that members will also recommend like the Edison mini so have a look around before you decide

Last edited:
hi i have a zgemma h2h, installed the lastest vix image from zgemma uk. I have virgin line, configured that to tuner b.
I have scanned the channels and can view ch 1 - 5 and others are just blank. expecting to see scramble.
i have the CCcam.cfg file with the c line in it. i uploaded to the box via ftp to etc folder.I went to softcam made it active, but im not receiving other channels anything you can point out that i am doing wrong. Since you have it working i am replying to your thread.
Thanks in advance

yes it showing active, no sure where I am going wrong.

---------- Post Merged at 01:12 AM ----------

if its possible can you send me step by step guide on how to setup h2h on VM using openvix-4.0.003. I may have missed something.

hiya i have just got the edision os mini cable version and its working lovely not too pricy either at £79 from wos comes with vix or atv on hardest part was finding a good VM line provider :)

Have you sorted it yet maaz i think if i remember pasted my line into newcamdlist . and in softcam manager i got mgcamd.1.38 ticked to start at start up. no others ticked

---------- Post Merged at 08:56 PM ----------

Have you sorted it yet maaz i think if i remember pasted my line into newcamdlist . and in softcam manager i got mgcamd.1.38 ticked to start at start up. no others ticked

I had a similar problem and found I'd been given a sly line not a vermin. As soon as got vermin one, all was fine

Back