New build problems

Tamarc

Im trying to put a pc together for my kid,after installing psu,mobo,cpu,hdd and optical drive i fired it up,now with no ram or graphics i was expecting a few beeps,but there where none ! all fans spun/lit up,Odd was getting power as was the Hdd,is this looking like a faulty board ? where do i go from here?

Ps im still waiting on the psu i will be putting in the system,so as a temp measure im using an old but unused 550w psu,could it be possible that this psu is not good enough ?

the psu would be grand its very unlikey to be a faulty mobo any way you could post the mobo stats so i can check it out for you

Thanks for he reply Hadmad,since my last post i finished building the pc(sill no beeps)and when fired up all seemed well,everything was showing up in the bios etc,so installed vista64bit,even after that all seemed to be ok(still no beeps) but after about anything from 10-30 mins the pc just freezes,nothing can get it going again apart from reboot,then its ok again for an undetermined time again then freeze again !

if you could get me the mobo info i can check around and see if there is any driver updates but i need the info on the mobo

What motherboard is it? Intel/AMD? i'd double check the motherboard especially if its Intel, ensuring you haven't accidentally bent any pins, try remounting the CPU fan too as if it's getting to hot that would be causing it to freeze
hope you get sorted soon.

Back