New clever tactic to shut down YTS, Popcorn , Terrarium, Showbox etc

What this scum would resort to doesnt surprise me.

We may see the popular new ones being shut down in the future.

But simply put to stop piracy altogether be it streaming and downloading is near impossible.

What this scum would resort to doesnt surprise me.

We may see the popular new ones being shut down in the future.

But simply put to stop piracy altogether be it streaming and downloading is near impossible.
I think the new tactic is clever. Lawyers will trademark the names of everything illegal and put legal streams up connected to Youtube or whatever. So popcorn for instance will now be owned and run by 42 Ventures who will make a legal site called popcorn. Any existing site is breaching their trademark and can be shut down immediately. A few Facebook sites have already gone.

True.

But like i said even with this new measure you can't completely stop illegal streaming sites and services.

Just not possible as new ones will keep popping up.

Can't the sites like popcorn etc just change their name to cornpop, then when they trademark that, change it to popcorne, and just keep doing that until the world ends?

Thats what I mean dont know much about copyright and trademark law but I am sure there would be ways around it.

Whether that means keeps starting up again under a different name which alot of companies out there do.

Yeah but lawyers are expensive and they'll soon get PO with that and give up.
It's like the isp's supposedly clamping down on prem games etc, looks good in the Daily Mail, doesn't work in reality

There's a Russian fellow called Andrey Duksin who has trademarked the Russian branch of WIKI and had them shut down unless they allow him to administer it or pay him money. Duksin calls the money his salary for admin- WIKI say it is extortion. Either way unless they pay him it is closed down. Duksins trademarks only apply to Eastern bloc countries.

Kerry Culpepper is using a similar tactic. Because he owns the trademark he can legally charge for use of his intellectual property and can name his own price. His trademarks are filed in Hawaii which is the 50th state of the USA so has a lot more clout. He is also one of the smartest lawyers in the USA.

Last edited:
Back