New H.2H

SteCog

Hi just got my H.2H this morning and when it starts up it show Open ATV 5.1 symbol and what looks like flashing satellite. When i press menu box crashes, any ideas?

I have tried flashing it but doesn't read usb.

It will have been sent wth ATV, Did it crash straight out of the box before you tried flashing it?

OpenATV requires you to press the front power button immediately once the box is switched on & shows boot on the front panel or it will ignore the USB!

I see you have two choices send it back for exchange or flash & hope the box hasnt got a fault.
Box not flashing will be down to ether the image isnt being read by the box beacuse its loaded incorrectly to the USB
OR
The USB itself needs to be prepared properly before loading image (to prep USB properly perform a full low level format with hddguru & then a full format with Windows then load the image & try flashing the box).

Last edited:
Thanks didn't know about front power button, did have o on my star 2s. Will give that ago. Cheer BeakyFord

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

---------- Post Merged at 02:33 PM ----------

Nah tried pressing front power button still nothing. Do I have to hold it in or just quick press?

If your box is crashing before you have done anything to it Id be tempted to send it back in case it has a fault that flashing wont cure, but IF you wish to continue & try flashing anyway then on Open ATV as soon as you see the word boot appear on the front panel start pressing the front power button, IF it goes to the boot count then the box has missed the USB:-

reasons the USB can be missed are image not loaded correctly, USB not prepared correctly so box passes it by OR as in your case your box may indeed have a fault

Sorry been away for minute, no the box loaded, it only crashed when pressing the menu button. I have managed to re-install atv and now that problem has gone.
Does anyone what steps I should take to flash via ftp?
I can only find instructions for VIX

how did you manage to reinstall atv...via flash or system restore?
If you managed to flash it why the need to ftp flash?

go to the openatv download site and download the latest version of 5.2.
I have it on my H2H and it works flawlessly

Kieron

I got in through pressing the portal button, it was the menu button that made the box crash. I have atv 5.1 but don't know anything about it. Ther are no channels anything just an atv symbol saying 5.1.
How do i scan etc on atv?

sounds like you have a base image so you ether need to go through all the steps to making an image or make things easy for yourself & use a backup image to flash the box, ether way you wont have any channels until you follow the setup guide/process, flashing the box with a pre-configured backup is your best bet...have you considered using wooshmans build?

Last edited:
BeakyFord I think you're right. I am now following a factory reset and at last getting some channels. I hope to flash Dslayers image but am open to any suggestion at the moment. HDGuru is just finishing the usb, do i need to formay it in windows too?

the usb you wish to use to perform a flash needs to be low level formatted & then Windows full not quick formatted then its ready to load the image of choice
I use small (2gb - 4gb) usb pen drives to flash as it takes ages to prep a large drive. The drive you wish to use for storage/recording etc only needs to be fat32 formatted then follow the guides for initializing & so on

Cheers Beaky

---------- Post Merged at 04:09 PM ----------

Finally got it to flash, should be okay now. Thanks for your help Beaky

Back